Pemi84

Fuyu no Semi

17 SEP
2010

Alright,to be honest, I cried. I cried a lot while watching Fuyu no Semi.

The plot itself was really beatiful to begin with.Of course,there are probably thousands of kinda similiar stories,but still, I think this one is unique in it's own way. It's about love between two men who are just not able to be together. They try,try as hard as they can. But there are things we can't change.They couldn't change it either. I liked the story,it was fresh,dramatic and so on,I just liked it.Even though there was a war I liked it.You are dragged into it really fast(not the first scenes though) It was really romantic too,but they spoiled all the most romantic scenes with sex.Really,all of them,except the last one.It's not like I don't watch yaoi,but they just put it in wrong moment,that's all.Other than that,the story was..what I wanted it to be.

If it wasn't from 2007, I would say the animation it's old style,but...well, I think animation IS nice,and really suit the story,it just doesn't look so new to me. But that's my opinion. There are lot's of details and backgrounds are sometimes really beatiful,sometimes average.I think it's perfect animation for shonen-ai of this kind.

Well,hard to say, I didn't quite catch the sound,except ending,which was beatiful. But nothing else,I just don't remember it,but that doesn't mean it was bad,because if it would have been bad, I would know :D

I think characters are well made and they develop during the story a lot. But you won't probably notice that change untill they do something to make it clear. They could be typical,but I didn't see them like that. I saw just human personalities living through  the whole story. They were what I expected them to be,and I liked it.Though it's short,you will grow to love the main characters, You will be happy and touched when they are,and you will cry when you see their tears. I did :D

Overall

If you like shonen-ai,watch it. If you like samurais and men with sword,watch it. If you're looking for wonderful dramatic romance,watch it. If you're just interested,watch it. But don't expect it to be something else.It's just what it is supposed to be.And that's good,isn't it??

Other Anime Reviews by Pemi84