PandaBeard's avatar

• FL
  • Joined Feb 21, 2010

Lupin III

Nov 2, 2011

Though from the old school Lupin the III will always hold up. With spy intruique, murders, romance, and just plan action packed. This anime is for anyone.

Story holds a traditional storyline. No main enemy. Pure character development.

Animation is in the classic relm of time. What I can say is that from episodes nine thru twelve are animated from Hayao Miyazaki.

Soundtrack is killer and will stand the test of time. Jazz and Funk Fusion domintate the pallette. I had worked on a album inspired from the OST of the series. Link to come soon.

Charaters are the backbone of the whole entire series. A suave Spy who doesn't have to prove his strengths in just violence but can brink it to the table when needed. Sidekicks that know their weapons as well has they know and respect Lupin, and of course a conflcting love intrest. To who is to know who side is she on time will only tell.

This is anime is a starter kit anime for anyone getting into the Japanese lifestyle. Can easily translate into English James Bond-ish mannerism but at always watch in Japanese. Amazing Show, Amazing Soundtrack that it all.

PandaBeard!

zolfeK says...

I'm 3 episodes in, but already I can't help but agree with your review. It is a great anime when compared to all anime, let alone anime released in the early 70s!

Dec 14, 2013