PandaBeard's avatar

• Joined Feb 21, 2010

Initial D Third Stage

Dec 25, 2010

Initial D Third Stage

This is the film installment of the franchise. While the film shows more and more of the downhill races now that our hero joins the touring racing team of Project D. It was very fitting to watch the film around this winter time of year due to the fact that the landscape of Akina is covered in snow and that our characters are celebrating their Christmas spirit.

The animation has not changed a bit since the second series, if anything, it has gotten a little worse. The CG is quite atrocious, looking like a drivers ed simulation.

After the constant viewing of the series the endless "Para Para" J-pop soundtrack really starts to grow on a person. It really makes me either want to drive fast myself or play dance dance revolution, I can't decide.

Characters have much more depth. This time the series focuses more intently into the dramatic relationship between Takumi and Natsuki. Even the side characters show more depth as the graduates high school and start to grow up into the real world.

Overall this quite the solid film. A must for the followers of the Initial D series.

PandaBeard!