PandaBeard's avatar

• Joined Feb 21, 2010

Fish in the Trap

Jun 30, 2010

Fish in a trap

Why is that  every time I play one of my favorite games Anime Roulette, I always seem to get the bullet. Surprisingly this anime was that bullet. Swimming!, was the two sentence plot description that was given. The plot was short and sweet so I thought I'd go for it. The bullet that is this anime is more like a meal hidden under its silver cover. Diving head first (sorry about the pun, ok really bad pun), A Karate Kid meets swimming tale I thought. Light and fluffy a feeling.. In a mere glimpse this film turned into quite interesting dark tale. Underage drinking, gambling, peer pressure, and male on male rape. Yes, male on male rape. I paused for a moment and said " where's the swimming?". I love completely false descriptions. Thankfully this 80's to the maxx! (good thing or bad thing, your choice) film threw me into quite a twisted tale loop. In the long run just your basic soap opera. For it being the 80's it had surprisingly decent audio and video quality. Not 1080p and sadly a soundtrack nothing to write home about, but I have seen and heard much worse from even newer anime. Adults only please. (not for the Pokemon crowd) For the fan of misleading plots. Mediocre at best with a hints of getting better.

<div>