PandaBeard's avatar

PandaBeard

• FL
  • Joined Feb 21, 2010

Animation runner Karoumi

What would happen if in some alternate universe that a character from the Genshiken Series would graduate from their studies, and with there Otaku sensibility  become the art manager for an anime house. Well then Anime Runner Karoumi is the OVA for you. I really like an anime that gives a behind the looks of the profession of way we watch and live this amazing lifestyle. If I had to give it an American comparison I would have to say it more news radio then the office. I defiantly love he main character Karoumi. After graduating from a prestigious university in Animation, she start work at a little anime studio where she becomes head manager of the latest hit after the last manger quits after an ulcer. If anything her reasoning for her getting in the field is her love for a mock show like Lupin the III and if you stumble upon my site you'll see I'm currently working on a music project based on the man himself. (stupid vein comment). With its silly light hearted style of animation we see our lead character struggle with the day ins and outs of get anime episodes out on schedule. We also see a couple deep moments between its director and Koruomi. Quality of anime is silly and complete Japanese humor. Animation sometimes has a similar style like FLCL.  Soundtrack is horrible. Same song over and over. This is from 2001 so it complete No Doubt ska and I say no thank you to that. Overall it is worth the watch for the more serious Otaku. Not for the beginner. If you grow with anime you will grow to this genre.

<div>