PandaBeard

Blue Flames

13 MAY
2010

I have no idea how I stumbled upon this doozie. All I can say is "wow". Blue Flame had many different effects on me. When I read the description about the plot I was thrown off by its main character Ryuuichi. I thought that he was going to be a nice, young, adolescent teen just working hard at maybe his family owned restaurant, but oh no. In this case our main character turns out be a deceitful, despicable, and deplorable character in the vein of american teens of soap opera quality.This is defiantly one for the American anime lover who would watch new or old Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, and the O.C. I do have to say that caution to the younger crowd, Its rating says young teens and I am sure that most of teens today can handle it but I does have the occasional nude and intercourse scene ( I will not make your choices, I am not easily offended, but I will not take the blame for your young eyes and the parents roof you may live under). The animation is sloppy and old. Totally VHS quality but I really can not fault it for coming out in 1989, still a decent plot for its age. If anything that would really be this OVA's saving grace would be its sountrack. It is perfect mixture of dance/electronica straight from the 80's early 90's, which by the way is making comeback through out the Indie music scene. (For DJ's its a must have!). In conclusion it is defiantly not the worse anime I have ever seen. It is dated, music makes up for it. I would like to see it be remade in this day and age with new higher quality viewing available to us now. I would have liked to see this be more than an OVA. There seemed that there could have been more story if budget or whatever other reasons could have hindered this content. 5.5/10

PandaBeard!

Ichigo 100% OVA user review by PandaBeard

Ichigo 100% OVA

overall score: 6.8/10

• Overall 5.5/10

comments

dalmain avatar dalmain
Sep 2, 2013

I liked this OVA. The main character is dispicable, I hate the guy. Some of the other characters are just as dispicable. Kind of like the real world. I would love to see more. It's a mature anime. Only for mature people. Not the kiddie or immature people.