Otomanotaku's avatar

• Port Orchard in the great state of Washington
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012

Aishiteruze Baby

Oct 29, 2012

I have watched this show several times over since it has a very sweet and memorable story and the characters are very real and very much believable. Its all about a boy in high school and how a little girl comes into his life and changes everything. One might say the story is a bit simplistic in that there aren't any fancy fireworks so to speak. This story fits into the slice of life genre simply because its so real. I think the story overall speaks volumes to the realism this show portrays and how hard it is for a high school boy to raise a child. I think the characters are very memorable for me becuase it shows a shift in the main characters personality as the story progresses. I also love the adorable Yuzuyu and her sweet and kind nature really just gives off that "awww" moment every time she enters into a scene. The nice thing is unlike most children in anime who are beyond life and over the top Yuzu is very well written and very real. Finally an anime with a child who is very much a child and not some 200 year old vampire or other nonsense. Just like the overall the sound and voice acting was decent enough. I can say it never left me bored during the initial run through. To each is his own but i can say that some of the voice work wasn't as realistic sounding as it could be. Its hard to explain but i was expecting a bit more emotion behind some of the crucial/dramatic scenes.

Overall i rated this anime somewhat high as it really is an enjoyable show with just enough for the people who love romance to stay interested. Furthermore it really appeals to people who enjoy anything cute or sweet as it is personified all the way through this series. I guess you can say i rated it high because i too am a lover of sweet and innocent love like the love shared between Yuzuyu and Kippei. I can't wait to see more anime like this in the future.