OtakuSenpai's avatar

• Joined Jan 28, 2013
  • ? / F

Sad Love Story

Feb 8, 2013

Summary: As a child, Joon-young was always teased because his mother owned a bar that served Americans. When he meets Hae-in, a blind girl, they become childhood sweethearts and he vows to always protect her. However, Hae-in and her mom take off one night, leaving Joon-young and his promise behind. Hae-in later meets Kon-woo, the rich son of a CEO. Among these three, a tragic love triangle begins to form...

Plot: Behold the pinnacle of melodrama! Yeah I know that tragedies are supposed to be dramatic and I excuse that. There are, however, exceptions to every rule. I really do not like this Manhwa. The tragedy was too much! The drama was too much. And the ending kind of cut off the story without actually ending; the ending they DID give us was the biggest "WTF?!?!?!?" moments (and not the good kind). I can't really tell you without spoiling anything but it makes absolutely no sense why Joon-Young (the main character) did what he did. I will give it 2 points because of its unique story.

Art: The proportions of the faces were off. The chins were just done horribly. Even though I'm sure the average Shoujo drawing style is different in Korea, I'm also sure that proportions exist in Korea!

Characters: The characters are walking stereotypes. Now let's start with the least annoying character, Kon-Woo. Kon-Woo needed a hug. Even though I don't like him all that much; he still needs a hug. His character fueled the unnecessary melodrama of the series. He was the poor sap in love with the main character (because we HAVEN'T seen that type of character). I disliked Hae-in. She let Hwuah-Jung treat her like crap and didn't do anything about it. I hated Joon-Young. Joon-Young was one of those characters that distanced themselves from the one they loved because they are a just simply a bruiting teenager. Joon-Young was an asshole. I DESPISE Hwuah-Jung! The type of stereotypical character I hate the worst is the jerk girl in love with the male main character. And Hwuah-Jung is no exception. She is horrible! There are no words in the English, Japanese, or Korean language to express how much I hate this character! She left a blind girl with heavy make-up on in the middle of the red light district! I can't really say what else she did without spoiling anything, but if you read this Manhwa you will probably hate her as much as me.

Overall: I hated this Manwha. The only reason I did read this was because my friend said I need to expand my horizons. Che! This was so melodramatic, it had annoying characters, and the art was horrible. The only time you should read this is if you like melodrama. If you don't, and you want a tragedy x10 better than this- read The Snow Queen.