OtakuSenpai's avatar

• Joined Jan 28, 2013
  • ? / F

Meteor

Feb 1, 2013

Summary: Kawana Tomoko, a 15 year school girl, doesn’t care about much. Everything from her social life to school life is a blur. One summer day, while waiting at a bus stop, Tomoko finds herself waiting with her classmates, Sasajima Miyuki, Yatomi and Sannou. There are nasty rumors flying around about Tomoko and how she had relations with Yamashita, a teacher at their school. As the group boards the bus and the awkwardness reaches its max, a meteor comes out of nowhere and hits the bus sending everything into a frenzy.

Plot: When I started finished reading this manga I asked myself "what did I just read?” This manga was bad. It certainly not the worst I've read, but it was bad. The manga tried to be a psychological survival horror and it turned out to be a bunch of random events that did nothing for the story. The manga didn't know quite what it was aiming to be. What I got was: a bunch of naive bruiting teenagers that served no psychological purpose besides driving me insane. It was incredibly boring and is almost laughable. Before I forget, the ending is just horrible. There is a huge difference between a subtle ending, and I ending that just cuts off the story. However, even though the plot is all over the place I do run a considerable risk of spoilers. So I'm going to stop there.

Art: In survival horror, psychological, and Seinen the drawing style has to greatly contribute to the story. This is just a run-of-the-mill boring drawing style.

Characters: The aforementioned teenagers are not only bruiting and naive, but they are so annoying! Kawana was a bland main character and she provided no psychological aspects. Sasajima probably should have been the main character, but she was so goddamn annoying!  Her character consisted of a selfish teenage girl who whines like she's a fashion model who didn't get her bowl of all red M&Ms. She also had an annoying obsessive crush on the jerk sensei Yamashita. Despite Sasajima contributed to the psychological tag more than Kawana; I perfer Kawana to this windbag. Yatomi and Sannou annoyed me an impressive amount for side characters. These four character's backstories were not explored. The only characters I liked were Ayachi, Yuuto, and Nao. I cannot elaborate on those three because I run a high risk of spoilers. And finally, Yamashita; he could have been a great villain or anti-hero or whatever, but they decide to kill him off by the end of the last volume. No.

Overall: Various times while reading the manga I wanted to punch my monitor, throw my keyboard against the wall, and basically chop my computer into bits and pieces. I will repeat again: this manga is boring garbage. Nuff said.

2.4/10 overall