Otaku108's avatar

Otaku108

• Austin, TX. USA
  • Joined Oct 2, 2007

Yes, another reivew where my Overall score doesn't refelect the actual scoring of the rest.

The Princess and the Pauper er Pilot. Cute story, well told over the corse of a few days with mild flashbacks. Sadly, the main reason that I liked this story was also ultimately why I didn't like it... Unfortunately I can't explain why without dropping a major spoiler and that is something I don't do in my reviews.

Animation:

Nothing I wouldn't expect from an anime from this era, and perhaps that's made me a bit jaded in this regard, still the designs were well done, beautifully presented and in the end, visually pleasing.

Sounds:

I know there were sounds, I pretty sure I heard them, did I care thou? Not really, which in my case is a good thing, someone else whom is more into soundtracks and what not would probably like to murder me in my sleep for such a poor accounting of this but thankfully I remain safely annonomous.

One thing this title lacked, a wide aray of characters well fleshed out and with depth. You really only had 2 characters for most of this and even then they weren't exactly presented with much personality for a good portion of the show. Which made their sudden changes kind of hard to swallow, well more in regards to the princess whom goes from prim and propper to spoiled child back and forth so much that I think I developed a bad case of whiplash. Good news is that they were likable characters so I could turn a blind eye to it.

Overall:

Once you start watching the show you get a pretty good idea of where it's gonna end and that in of itself made for poor viewing, especially how it ended not just that you saw it coming the whole way. It was a pretty package but when that package delivered holds something you'd rather not partake of the wrapping is hardly important. That being said, there are those that enjoy this brand of romance and to whom I say; Masochists, you will like this one.