Otaku108

Wild Act

BASED ON 10 OF 10 VOLUMES READ
3 OCT
2009

The story wasn't anything uber special but it was very captivating, I really wanted to know how it ended, and enjoyed the whole process to that ending. I really got behind the main characters and their plight, it was a tad predictable at times but nothing so bad as to ruin my enjoyment of it.

Artwork:

Illustrations were well done, varied, and expressive. My only gripe were how some of the characters kind of looked a bit too similar. Kind of your typical bishi-cookie cutter face with the variable hair color/style. Though this time the mangaka has a good excuse which I won't go into for spoiler reasons.

Absolutely awesome, I loved all the main and supporting characters. They just weren't your typical leads, with a very strong and self assure female lead and a caring and loyal male lead, you just don't see that very often. Even the supporting characters were very interesting and had their own unique flavor.

Plot: 9.5

Masterfully done, I couldn't complain about how the main plot line was kinda getting dragged through the ringer when there never seemed to be a dull moment all through out the whole thing. I was captivated from page 1 of volume 1 all the way to page 95 of volume 10.

Overall:

This was an excellent manga... unbelievably addictive and well written. It just never had a dull moment in all 10 volumes, almost unheard of from my experience. Strong characters abound, no weepy weak willed, clumsy idiots, or conniving backstabbers (for the most part). I was very impressed with this manga and it easily gets into my top 20 of all time

End Review Thoughts:

This was a damned good manga, I'm going to actively search for more titles by this mangaka and hopefully they'll be even half as good as this was. I highly recommend any romance/comedy reader go with this title. It's worth you time I promise. I would still recommend this title to non-romance/comedy readers simply for the fact that if you wanted to try the genre, this would definitely be one of the few worth your efforts.

Other Manga Reviews by Otaku108

go to manga

• Art 9/10
  • Overall 9.5/10

Recent Manga Reviews by Otaku108

comments

default avatar KaiserZ
Apr 20, 2011

i like that the female is strong and not a pussy. she fights back and kicks ass. worth every second reading. no side story