Otaku108's avatar

• Austin, TX. USA
  • Joined Oct 2, 2007

Wild Act

Oct 3, 2009

The story wasn't anything uber special but it was very captivating, I really wanted to know how it ended, and enjoyed the whole process to that ending. I really got behind the main characters and their plight, it was a tad predictable at times but nothing so bad as to ruin my enjoyment of it.

Artwork:

Illustrations were well done, varied, and expressive. My only gripe were how some of the characters kind of looked a bit too similar. Kind of your typical bishi-cookie cutter face with the variable hair color/style. Though this time the mangaka has a good excuse which I won't go into for spoiler reasons.

Absolutely awesome, I loved all the main and supporting characters. They just weren't your typical leads, with a very strong and self assure female lead and a caring and loyal male lead, you just don't see that very often. Even the supporting characters were very interesting and had their own unique flavor.

Plot: 9.5

Masterfully done, I couldn't complain about how the main plot line was kinda getting dragged through the ringer when there never seemed to be a dull moment all through out the whole thing. I was captivated from page 1 of volume 1 all the way to page 95 of volume 10.

Overall:

This was an excellent manga... unbelievably addictive and well written. It just never had a dull moment in all 10 volumes, almost unheard of from my experience. Strong characters abound, no weepy weak willed, clumsy idiots, or conniving backstabbers (for the most part). I was very impressed with this manga and it easily gets into my top 20 of all time

End Review Thoughts:

This was a damned good manga, I'm going to actively search for more titles by this mangaka and hopefully they'll be even half as good as this was. I highly recommend any romance/comedy reader go with this title. It's worth you time I promise. I would still recommend this title to non-romance/comedy readers simply for the fact that if you wanted to try the genre, this would definitely be one of the few worth your efforts.

KaiserZ says...

i like that the female is strong and not a pussy. she fights back and kicks ass. worth every second reading. no side story

Apr 20, 2011