Otaku108

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

25 OCT
2009

Lets just say, this show commited a sin that I will not spoil for those of you actually wanting to see it. Though it grates on my nerves that I can't forcefully enough steer you clear of this show.

My only real warning is if you're really into the Disney style story book ending, look elsewhere, you won't find that here.

Everything else about this show was average at best, and I'm thinking about the only thing that's made it so popular is bouncing boobies on a scantilly clad tsundere. Bout sums it up... I don't feel like writing up a typical review... this show doesn't deserve one.

EDIT:

It never fails to amaze me how people can look at another person's opinion and consider it incorrect. Or to say that voicing that opinion is incorrect. Sin, or no sin, right or wrong, this review is what it is because that is how this show made me feel after watching it. Changing it to suit the needs of the many is probably the last thing I would ever do.

As it stands I no longer respond to nonconstructive or plain rude comments on this review. I derive a bit of sick pleasure that I upset so many people over such a stupid thing simply because my opinion differs from others. If you have something interesting to add then by all means, everyone else can bite me. Until Sothis decides that user reviews need to have certain standards I have no reason to conform to you all's idea of suitable review format. If you're just another fanboy that hates me because I don't like what you like *points and laughs*.

Other Anime Reviews by Otaku108

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 user review by Otaku108

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040

Nodame Cantabile user review by Otaku108

Nodame Cantabile

Akira user review by Otaku108

Akira

overall score: 8.5/10

comments

randomredneck avatar randomredneck
Mar 24, 2011

God, i write better reviews of shows i hate. At least try putting some effort into a review you lazy bum.

default avatar TheThunderBringer
Mar 13, 2011

Lazy people like you shouldn't be allowed to write reviews. You can't give a show 1 without providing ANY reason at all for doing so.

You're hopeless.

FrootyTooty avatar FrootyTooty
Feb 26, 2011

Although I wouldn't give it as low a score as you, I'd have to agree that it's a fairly average show. Oh, the art is beautiful, and everyone loves bouncing boobies, but the plot was a mess at times and God forbid we watch this anime without having watched a dozen retro ones first. Maybe I got too hyped about it before I watched it, but yeah, it was a real disappointment.

(Kamina, on the other hand, is undeniably awesome.)

LilMayar avatar LilMayar
Feb 21, 2011

lol it's sad to say I agree. I hated this show with a passion. In fact, I found it to be despicably annoying at times.

RetroLewp avatar RetroLewp
Feb 2, 2011

>mfw he hasn't even watched any of the shows that the show uses as refference.

You don't even deserve to have an opinion of this show if you don't even know anything about it other than OH GOD BOOBS. Go watch Gaogaigar, Getter Robo, Mazinger, Jeeg, Gaiking, etc. God dammit you make me rage hard.