Otaku108's avatar

• Austin, TX. USA
  • Joined Oct 2, 2007

Bokura ga Ita

Jan 30, 2011

Aaah, teenage angst at it's worst....

What can I say, I haven't seen a more bland, prepackaged, and overly used subject matter in a while but this pretty much takes the cake. It really doesn't get more basic or over used than this, and sadly, without resorting to major spoilers, I can't really say anything else here. I can say, though, that I've easily seen 10 different manga, 20 other anime titles, and 50 different movies, which have used the same format of which about 80-90% of them did it better.

Animation:

About the only thing that actually was somewhat decent but had it's own failings to go with it, was a slightly interesting art design. Eventually the washed out pastels, and faded borders, random star/bubble backgrounds just gets old. Just not that remarkable at all but at least not super bad quality and it was at the very best consistent throughout.

Sound:

There weren't many, and they ones they had were so over used that it became almost a joke to listen to. I swear if I hear that stupid chime one more time.... and that damnable song, did they just not want to fork out the money to hire a composer? This was only if they felt the need to play any sounds at all, I think there was actually more silence than anything else in this show.

What can I say about the most over used character archtypes that I can't stand other than just this? They are over used, they were characters I didn't like, and in the end I was rooting for the best friend and the depressing sister that was fixated on the main guy. It's never a good sign when you're hoping the main two characters don't end up together in the end.

Overall:

Personally, this show sucked, but as bad as it was I've seen so much worse. That being said, I really think you could and would spend your time better on something else.