Otaku108's avatar

• Austin, TX. USA
  • Joined Oct 2, 2007

Sumomomo Momomo

Jan 19, 2011

This anime was a oddity for me. It had the queer ability to make me laugh my ass off while at the same time annoy the hell out of me.

To me, the main premise of the show was kinda dry, or in other words just lacked much in the way of substance. Frankly I don't think they were trying to hard here since I believe their main goal was to be funny, thankfully they at the very least achieved that. In the end, they did get kind of serious with it but they didn't try to shed the comedic value that they cultivated from episode 1. If you're looking for a great story, you're not going to find it here, if you want to laugh randomly but heavily, you might find your taste here.

Animation:

To it's credit, the animation was solid, but lacked any kind of realism, or great artwork. Though, really, I shouldn't and don't expect such a thing for a show like this. It covered the basics, kept it's consistency through out, and didn't try to pander too mu... eer OK so there was a lot of fanservice >.> Hey, it's an ecchi show, what could you possibly expect here?

Sounds:

The main reason I took this down below a passing or even slightly unacceptable mark is due to the voice actors. I'm sure they were told to make such noise but damn did it get on my nerves a lot. Momoko was the main offender here and sadly she talked way more than she needed to. The good news is that she got quieter/softer voiced as the show progressed but it never quite left that "cat walking on a chalkboard" sound she had half the time.

I left this blank on purpose for the sole reason that I didn't have a freaking clue how to score it. The characters, usually the same ones I liked I also hated, the ones I enjoyed also annoyed me. It was that very strange duality that made it impossible for me to give any kind of solid score at all. A very rare thing indeed for me and any of my reviews. Still, I do have to say that Momoko has further solidified my distrust of any female with pink hair... anything able to level a building with a single punch qualifies as dangerous and worthy of avoidance at any cost. :P Trust me, look at any other anime with the pink haired girls, they're destructive and half the time prone to wild mood swings (wait that's girls in general >.>) *coughs* xD

Overall:

I didn't give it much of a decent score here for the main reason that I'll probably never watch this show again, I -might- recommend it to someone that's looking for a cheap laugh and a few decent fight scenes. The ending was at least moderately satisfying as well but was pretty much about as predictable as it gets from my point of view. If you've got a high tolerance to noise pollution, like a good laugh, and enjoy over the top martial arts action, you could find worse titles.

Raylord says...