Otaku108's avatar

Otaku108

• Austin, TX. USA
  • Joined Oct 2, 2007

I went into this movie without a clue about it except it's future setting and I must say the first 5 minutes of the movie really set the tone for the whole thing. Very blunt and graphic progression through out. Don't let my "grim" account of it in no way shade my enjoyment of this title.

I decided not to do a full on review yet simply because I haven't seen the 3rd (and what I assume to be the final) movie in this series. And a such, to me, the story and experience is yet incomplete. Not that I shy from giving reviews on an incomplete viewing but I have to have very strong feelings about the show to do that, usually in a negative sense.

While the premiss seems a bit weak or more to the point who gives a mentally and emotionally damaged teenager super powers and a transmogrifying sentient weapon? Japan apparently xP But, why complain? The show itself is very engaging and so far I think it will be a very solid title upon completion.

Once I get a copy of subbed or even dubbed (as that's what I actually ended up finding first for once) I will be sure to do a full review on all 3 parts. Still, I don't have much reservation about saying this title is well worth the watch, especially if you're into a darker sci-fi that only anime can provide.