Otaku108

Black Lagoon

7 MAR
2013

Finished my 2nd time through BL and BL2, when I first watched this series I was floored, I didn't really know much about the series at the time but was told I had to watch it. It instantly made its way into my top 10 and has never moved since. So, does the show stand the test of time? Absolutely.

Rarity among my lists and probably one of the few in my top 10, this title's story wasn't heavy on plot. All the characters had stories and they delved into them a little bit, but for the most part this was an action flic through and through. The overall story in the show just kind of filtered itself through the background while you enjoyed episodes of dry snarky humor and great battles ranging from 2 enemies shooting/punching/slicing it out to vehicular combat. Lots of fun with just enough story to keep it interesting.

Animation:

For it's era I'd call it very well done, for current average I'd say it's slightly above par. So still holding up well even after several years, awesome individual character designs and a multitude of them at that. They had a generalized shape for the women sometimes but because the designs were so varried it barely registered.

Sounds:

Things blew up, noises were produced, musical score was fun/rockin', and the OP/ED were actually worth listening to sometimes. Not it's main strong point but def a facet of this show that helped to improve it's overall scope.

Black Lagoon's strongest selling point, lots of great characters, all with wonderfully diverse personalites, each twisted in their own way. Everyone knowing that the next minute could be their last and most not really caring too much about it other than to hope they get a little gold at the end if they live or take as many others as possible with them. A truly enjoyable and hilarious grouping to watch.

Overall:

So, what is it about Black Lagoon and it's 2nd season which make it worth watching? Is it just the action or just the characters? No it's the whole package well wrapped and presented to it's audience to enjoy minute to minute, episode to episode. Regardless of it's shallow or soft story line, the show makes you always wana find out what happens next.

Highly recommended to just about anyone, especially for those in the action genre. Those a little put off by ecchi, cursing, blood/violence might not like it as much but I will say give it a try, it's worth seeing at least once.

Other Anime Reviews by Otaku108