Omurqi's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined Feb 6, 2009

Cowboy Bebop

Aug 30, 2010

Cowboy Bebop is one of those shows that's giving you exactly what you'd expect it to. It's about a group of space bounty hunters chasing after and fighting criminals wherever they go. Despite its episodic nature, I personally had little problems working my way through the episodes.

Action in this show is plentiful and generally well cheographed. Seeing Spike taking on his foes with fancy fighting moves is something that never gets old. As the amount of Bebop crew-members expands from the original two to eventually five (Ein is a full-fledged member, so shut it XD) certainly does good for the show, as every single one of the characters is a joy to follow. Comedy and action being the two things that come to mind when thinking Bebop, the show stays fun from start to finish.

Another strong point is the music, where jazzy tunes dominate the score. Musical preference is different for everyone, but it was yet another point that made it easy for me to fire up episode after episode.

There is a point of critique to be given though. While a lot of the stories were very entertaining, not all of them worked as well. Especially in the second half of the show, there were a handful of episodes that plainly struck me a dull (the cult leader episode is a good example here).

Lan says...