Omurqi's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined Feb 6, 2009

Baccano!

Apr 20, 2010

Several questions one could have after watching this show: who are the villains? What defines evil? Or, more likely: why can’t all action shows be like this?!

Baccano! is raw. It is violent, disturbing and interesting. But above all, it’s one of the most awesome shows I’ve ever come across. Combining a somewhat interesting mystery story about the history of immortals and a certain train trip in 1930, with characters ranging from hilariously insane to dangerously psychopathic, this show is constantly engaging and entertaining, from start to finish, granted you can stomach some very disturbing violence here and there.

More than just action, Baccano! also has style, and lots of it. It’s difficult to put it into words, but instead of seeing me ramble on about it, why not see it for yourself, let the OP convince you:

This really is one of those shows I’d recommend to almost everyone asking me for something entertaining. It has everything in store after all: action, interesting (non-chronological) storytelling, fantastic characters, great music, smooth animation and style. Just me mindful, there's more than just a little violence involved.

Some more delicious OST: