Omurqi's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined Feb 6, 2009

Sasameki Koto

Jan 18, 2010

I’d like to be able call Sasameki Koto a romance anime, but I can’t. You see, in romance anime you’ll first have (optional) episodes full of lingering emotions, desire for a certain person and then (mandatory) romance. That’s right, when I start watching a romance show, be it straight, yaoi or in this case yuri, I want to have some sort of development, be it in a tearful rejection or blissful union. While I enjoyed the majority of the show, filled with cuteness, innocent uncertainties and comedy, it was all in anticipation of something that didn’t happen.

With all that out of the way, Sasameki Koto is by no means a bad show if you get in with the right attitude (unlike me). It’s a fun-filled slice of life show with yuri tones everywhere and a calm pace. Especially the first half was well worth it, full of great characters, decent development and fairly succesful comedy. For fans of slice of life comedies and yuri, this one is worth checking out. Don’t be expecting top-notch relation-development though.

Yes, I realise the chance a second season will adress the unfinished business is large, but to be honest, I don't think I'll watch it. If I pick out a series for romance, that's what I'm looking for, no agonizingly slow character development.

XxZeroeZxX says...

I agree with you 100%. I was gonna post a review on Sasameki Koto as I just finished it today, but you sum it up just about as I would. I was actually on the borderline for most of the series and for the last few episodes I was really starting to enjoy it. But then it ended (apparently) with no resolution whatsoever. I was seriously confused. I went on like 8 different anime streaming websites to make sure what I watched was really the final episode. I was rather disappointed, this series had potential.

Sep 18, 2010