Noobert's avatar

• Joined Feb 2, 2010
  • 20 / ?

Highschool of the Dead

Sep 26, 2011

As it stands this is my all time favourite zombie anime... Not that there is much to choose from in terms of the zombie genre in anime but still this is worth the time to watch. I gave Highschool of the dead a 9.7 because hey nothing is perfect.. hrmm maybe Clannad but lets no go there especially when this is kinda on the other end of the spectrum.

From the beginning to the end I was hooked, finishing all 12 episodes and OVA in a night. Although not much of a feat to watch 13 episodes in one go, the fact that I was never bored throughout these 13 episodes and was left wanting more does say something.

Highschool of the dead is the typical zombie setting that most zombies hunters dream of. Sitting in school one day when suddenly zombies start to infiltrate your school and try and kill all of your friends and you will be damned if your gonna let that slide without a few gory zombie killing scenes along the way. To summarise zombies invade the school and a bunch of school friends / aquaintances join forces to survive this apocalyptic nightmare (or dream =P). They initially start by trying to make it across the city to find their loved ones but along the way there is masses of comedy, romance, bloody zombie violence and more panty shots then.. umm.. you can poke a stick at or something? Although a lot of the pantyshots are of zombies, which is disturbing.. yet somewhat arousing.. Anyways.. Ahem..

The character development and progression of the story was really well written with minimal to no plot holes and nothing that leaves you with a feeling that something was left out. The action and animation used was crisp and looked nice as you watched zombie brains splatter across the pavement and although there was a lot of epic, action scenes.. There were also a few scenes that involved the main character and a motorbike where your left thinking "ermm.. what?". Not for any disturbing reasons it's just some of the things he does one moment don't make sense with some things later on.

Ofc since there is a lot of ecchi there comes a lot of comedy, since they both go together like apples and pies or vegemite and cheese or whipped cream and everything but i think thats just me.. anyways the comedy left me loling at just about every episode and in spite of its severe ecchiness it still managed to be in the top 300.. Take that haters of ecchiness.

I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who likes action, apocalypses, comedy, ecchi and has a lust for watching zombies being beaten to bloody pulps. HOTD FTW =3

Although there are a few things I am expecting in season 2 (when it finaly comes out) and if it does not meat those expectations then season 2 may not recieve as high a score, however if it does, then who knows it may even reach magical 10 land lol

9.7/10 story