default avatar

NoSeR

• Joined Aug 12, 2011

Angel Beats!

Aug 14, 2011

Story - The whole plot was pretty good and the theme seemed pretty original. I emmediatly fell in love with the whole idea that nobdoy could die and how they were able to make if funny. It was funny when it needed to be and serious when it needed to be. My favorite episode was episode 2 when they were trying to get to the underground workshop. As the story moved along and when I realized that the characters could move on if they fulfill their wishes I got scared that one of them would dissapear, especially with Hinata during the baseball game. I loved the whole story. It was a great anime to watch.

Animation - I finally found an anime that looked this beautiful. As much as I don't take animation into consideration with my reviews this anime was just pretty to look at. It might just be the drawing style and the amount of color but I definitly believe I kept watching this because I wanted to see the amazing art work in this one. Probably the nicest thing I have ever seen.

Sound - Kind of a bland generic opening but thats okay since the voice actors were perfect. Watched the first few episodes dubbed then forced to watch the rest subbed. Nothing felt off. Both sets of actors did a great job. The girls rock band song lyrics were kind of repetive so that got my attention and seemed weird for me. I don't usually looked for flaws but if I do notice it then I'll call it out. Other then that nothing was really wrong with anime.

Characters - Loved every single character. They were a halarious group. I loved their relationships with eachother. Otanashi's friendship with Hinata is one of my favorites in any show. I felt like I was really watching two best friends. None of the characters seemed stereotypical either. They each had their own unique personality. Each one grew on me the first time they were introduced. I was really sad when Yui left and when it was just five characters remaining everything felt empty because you could tell that they were gone and finally moved on. A great cast and I wouldn't mind seeing some alternativerse where they meet up again or maybe meet up in their next lives. It was a group that you can't fine anywhere else.

9.5/10 story