default avatar

NoSeR

• Joined Aug 12, 2011

Story - The original anime was pretty good, one of the best I have ever seen, however Brotherhood was a million times greater. It had one of the greatest story you could ever want from an anime. Since it follows the original manga then you have to congragulate Hiromu Arakawa on the story. I first caught it on adult swim when it was still around episode 20. And after watching one episode I decided not to wait another week so I watched the rest of the series within the next to days, and I can definitly say it was one of the best experiences I have ever had, especially since it was the first subbed anime that I had actually finished. It was also unique because of the fact the no characters were left out at the end like most animes, for example, in DBZ when it got to the cell saga most of the weaker character were almost never shown which got boring. Every character was shown till the bitter end. The fights toward the end were amazing. I was never bored one secone when watching. I also thought it was awesome how simple Greed practicaly saved the day, hes the biggest badass ever!

Animaton - The animation was really good. I could understand what was going on and everything flowed together nicely. I didn't see anthing that look weird or out of place. Especially with a lot of the detailed fight scenes.

Sound - The soundtrack is one of the things that made the anime so dramatic. If it was supposed to be a scary moment I got chills. If it was an epic fight scene I was pumped because of the music. And the openings and endings was great. The seemed to fit the story and theme very well. Also I applaude both the Japanese and English voice actors for making me feel the anger, laughter, and sadness that the characters in the anime were feeling.

Characters - Has my favorite cast of characters in any anime. I don't consider this anime having secondary of supporting characters. Everyone character from Edward and Al al the way down to Yoki and Rose complimented the story... Except for Tucker of course. He doesn't derserve to be around a great cast of character like the FMAB cast. My favorite characters are definitly Olivier and Lingreed. The both may have been your jerky characters but you couldn't have had the story without them. Or at least I wouldn't have liked the story as much without them. The best aspect of Fullmetal Alchemist is definitly the characters.