NoCheerios's avatar

• Miami, FL - USA
  • Joined Dec 4, 2010

Strawberry Panic

Dec 18, 2010

This show is... odd, to say the least.

Story: (7.5/10)

The story of this show isn't actually half bad. It's about this girl who moves to a catholic three-dorm school called something or other about strawberries. Anyway, she transfers in and, for whatever reason, falls in love with the most popular girl in school. You see, here's the problem with the realism to this show: EVERYBODY WHO GOES TO THIS SCHOOL IS INEXPLICABLY A LESBIAN. I mean, there's nothing wrong with lesbianity(I liekz itz, cuz im a creeper liek dat :D), but I just find it kinda hard to believe that every student is a lesbian without any sort've questioning of it at all. Not even a simple, "oh, you too, huh?"

Other than that, the story is very touching and tells a story and love and hardship. They did that part pretty well, actually.

Some people said the other main character, Hikari, had boring arcs. Honestly, both of the relationships were equally interesting(cuz im just weird liek dat :P), but it's pretty easy to choose favorites.

The ending is also conclusive, thus, the above-average story score.

Animation: (6/10)

Although I didn't really have a problem with it, some people claim that it's disproportionate and such. I didn't really notice that, but if you wanna see disproportionate stuff, go watch Kanon or Detective Conan.

Sound: (6.5/10)

I never really have a problem with soundtracks, but I guess this one was alright. The OP and ED themes weren't really memorable, but the voice actors were into it and the background music was there when it should've been. There were also a few singing sequences, which weren't done half-bad either.

Characters: (8/10)

The characters, as expected of any weird-ass traditional romance, are the best part of the show. Their emotions are always portrayed very believably, and are understandable, at that.

But, like I said before, it annoys me that EVERYBODY was a lesbian, because I find it really hard to believe that it's literally just a coincidence that an all girls school(which is catholic at that... isn't that forbidden or something?) is filled completely with lesbians.

Just sayin', doesn't make any goddamn sense D:

Overall: (7.5/10)

If you can get past some lack of realism, this show is a good watch and ends conclusively. I recommend this to anyone who is into this weird genre(liek me :3), and also doesn't really have anything better to do(also like me...?).

7.5/10 story