NoCheerios's avatar

• Miami, FL - USA
  • Joined Dec 4, 2010

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Dec 11, 2010

Well, just so you guys know my standpoint from the start of this review, I saw this series as pointless drivel, but then again, this type of show isn't really my cup o' tea anyhow.

Well, basically, this story is about a girl who is student council president, and also a maid in secret working part-time. Some guy finds out her secret, and then they fall in love because he hid her secret and such. Really... that's it...

Although funny at times, this show is so hopelessly filled with menial bullshit that it's hard not to get bored after watching such gripping shows like Elfen Lied or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

If you're just looking for a casual boat ride, slice of life-esque show, then this shouldn't be too bad for you. But, if you're used to really gripping or interesting stories and deep plots, then you may commit suicide before the half-way mark.

7.5/10 animation
6.5/10 sound

MageOnx says...

Well, I guess you missed your point of interest by choosing this anime! ^-^ Surely, if you're looking for plot such as in Elfen Lied and Higurashi, than Kaichou is just not worth of your time, but if you're a fan of romance, than I think this is a must-watch! ^-^ Really, Kaichou wa Maid-sama! isn't as much of a comedy (or any other genre) as much as it is romance, so it tends to get in the way to viewers who are looking for more in plot and character development, as well as that  little something at the end of every episode that makes you want to watch what happens next (instead of being as predictable or just unexplainably random as Kaichou tended to be).

So, that kinda raps it all!^^ If you want to know more about my opinion on the series, you can read my review (it is a little adapted to the audience and it is not as straight-forward as yours, but it puts everything together from a partially objective point of view). ^ˇ^

Dec 27, 2010