No1's avatar

• USA
  • Joined Jul 21, 2013

Kimi Koi Limit

Jul 21, 2013

I'm not much of a manga reader, and what I do read tends to be more of the horror genre rather than romance, so keep that in mind while considering this review.

Story: 8/10 (No spoilers)

The story is surprisingly well done. It's primary theme is old and overused to the point that I actually groaned, but I was bored and recently dumped, so I persisted and gave it a shot, hoping to find something sweet. I was pleasently surprised. The story is nothing new, and the only 'twist' from the norm is that it deals with lesbians, but the writing makes it work, and in my opinion, that's all that really matters.

Art: 8/10

I'm no manga expert, but the art worked for me. Nothing breakthrough, nothing revolutionary, but nothing like that was needed either. The artwork fit the story, and further conveyed emotion, which is pretty much the goal in romance manga (unless I'm missing something obvious). While it did contain nudity, it was kept tasteful, and definately didn't come anywhere near crossing the line towards smut. As a casual reader, I'd say it worked.

Characters: 10/10

Very well done. Not too much more I can say really, all three primary characters wern't over or under developed, and they were believeable. The nameless secondary charcters are intentionally not developed, but used effectively during thier brief appearances.

Overall: 9.5/10

This is the first manga review I've done, and probably the only one I'll bother do. While the story is nothing new, It's well written, and the characters are well done. If you're looking for a sweet/slightly bittersweet story, and support/arn't bothered by lesbianism, I would highly recommend this. If you're a homophobe though, you'll find this offensive.