Hey there. I'm Aurora. I've been into anime for about 7 years. My 1st anime was pokemon but my "starter" anime I consider to be Naruto as that has gotten me into all animes. and yea. Some may consider me quiet. But I can still talk with anyone as long as they're nice and respectful.
Then you and I will have fun XD
Steam Account: Aurora3500
If you want to know more about me feel free to ask. I'll probally want to know more about you in exchange. I'll tell you simple things, but I will never say anything too personal like my "real name" even if you tell me yours so do not ask please.
Typically I don't have a particular favorite genre. Generally they involve an element of fantasy and psychological part. As long as the anime can hold my interest and allow me to connect with at least 1 of the main characters, I can watch almost any anime.
Here are some of my top favorite animes of all time. Keep in mind I love many animes and the ones I mention here are only around 5% of all the anime I love lol. Its just impossible to mention all of them in this profile description. It would also get boring for you to read possibly.
1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni- I basically watched this anime right after Elfen Lied since I've heard people compare this to Elfen Lied. It starts out innocent and cute and quickly gets creepy and brutal. You wouldn't believe this to be a horror anime from watching the 1st 2 episodes! This show also has a lot of characters I like which is important. Beyond the betrayal and paranoia present in this show, it holds great themes such as friendship and overcoming fate. And presents a mystery. It is mostly a debate between whether Oyashiro-sama's curse is actually a curse or caused by humans who want us to think it's Oyashiro-sama's curse. A similar theme is present in the sister series Umineko which is also just as good as Higurashi.
2. Elfen Lied- This anime got me into more horror anime. The character of Lucy is very complex which makes her interesting. It also shows how cruel the human race can be. Especially around episode 8 when in her past she was bullied by her fellow orphanage mates. She found a dog which she could call her friend and then made another human "friend" but this friend betrayed her dog to the bullies and they kill her dog!? In exchange Lucy kills them what they deserve! From this moment (as well as my past personal experiences) I've gained an intense hatred of bullies. I'd go as far as Lucy to kill all of them if I could. Watched all 14 episodes in one day that should mean its worthwhile to watch!
3. 11 Eyes- Got to say I really enjoyed this anime. It was one of those rare ones where there wasn't a single main/secondary character I disliked. Allow me to rant about its good points. Characters are taken to an parallel dimension (which is always a fun thing) and they fight Larves and a group called the Black Knights. They don't know why they are fighting. There is also a girl imprisioned in a crystal named Lisette. Without spoiling too much I will say she is my main favorite character from this show and one of my most favored characters of all time in anime on the par with Lucy (Elfen Lied), Light Yagami, and Shion Sonozaki. You will find out why if you've seen/ plan to watch this show. Also with Yuka in this show I love her too! She recieves a lot of dislike but she is still a great character. I can understand her actions at many points. (I also have a thing for Yandere action (Gasai Yuno!)) Another thing is is brilliant music. Lots of organ epicness which make this show 100x better than it already is.
4. Psycho Pass- This anime is true art. It is a sci-fi that takes place in a 1984 similar type of world. A person's potential to commit crime can be quantified and visualized. Even just thinking about a crime is enough to get you branded a latent criminal for the rest of your life. This is Japan ruled by the Sibyl System. The protagonist Akane Tsunemori is a new inspector who's job it is to track down criminals. With her are enforcers, who are latent criminals themselves, and track down other criminals while being watched by the inspectors. Their guns are sentient, they will only work if a target's crime coefficient is high enough. Opposing the Sibyl System is antagonist Shogo Makishima who seeks to bring people's free wills back. This is sort of a law vs chaos type of anime written by Gen Urobuchi (same person who wrote Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, another great anime). The next generation Death Note. And has you decide which is the better of the 2 trying to make the world better. It is perfection, or as close to perfection as one can get.
5. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica- Watching this show 2 times I've almost forgotten how awesome this show is. This is not your typical Sailor Moon Magical Superhero show. It is more like Higurashi combined with Claymore dealing with Magical girls. Similar to Higurashi in how it starts out somehow innocent but by episode 3 it takes a turn for the very dark horror that's familiar with shows like Higurashi and Shadow Star. It takes the concept of Magical Girl and twists it into a very horrifying story. It's perfecto! It goes without saying Homura is my favorite character from here (won't say why thou) Without spoiling too much (if I can help it) If you've seen Claymore you know how the female warriors who fight Yoma(demons) turn into Yoma themselves someday? Something similar happens here. Thou I may've said too much. Either way you have to watch it if you haven't seen it already. Aurora Commands you to!!
Some others worth mentioning are:
Naruto- Not the 1st anime I watched but it was the anime that got me into anime
Angel Beats- This anime was awesome for being unique and set in a world after death where people can imagine and summon weapons and fight without worrying about death. The character of Tenshi is also facinating, you'll love her if you watch the show.
Inuyasha- A very good anime. It has about something for everyone. 2 Tsunderes who have a relationship that builds throughout the show. And the protagonists and the other groups of anti-heroes are bound by the hatred of a common enemy. Naraku, a hanyo just like Inuyasha. It is the best 100+ ep anime out there with minimal filler.
Death Note- 3rd anime I think. It showed me there was more to anime than just the typical Shounen plot/fights. There's the awesome Mental/psychological battles. A key thing is that I personally agree with Light's ideals he worked hard to make the world a better place. That's not something that can be considered "evil" as some think of him. Clearly because of this I hated the ending and hated the 2nd season as a whole. The show didn't feel the same after the 1st season.
Mirai Nikki A survival game with the main tool being a Diary (cell phone/scroll) that can see into the future. It is similar to Fate/SN and The Hunger Games with the survival game aspect. Thou what really makes it interesting are the characters of Yuno Gasai and Minene Uryu. They bring awesome qualities to the show and are fun characters to watch.
Code Geass- Like Death Note but a little more physical action lol. Can't help but wonder if I got my insane obsession with eyes and psychology from this anime? O_O
D. Gray Man- I have respect for this anime even though its shounen it shows deeper meaning and emotions than typical Shounen animes. Allen Walker is fun to watch. Also has a pretty kick ass villian. Who has an interesting personality.
3x3 Eyes- Normally this anime would be on my top 5. Even above Elfen Lied if I see the whole series. Thou the manga series I found out is about 40 volumes long and the anime ova only covers an 1/8th of that. While the Elfen Lied Anime at least covered 1/2th of the manga. It is a very interesting series from what I've seen so far and thought I should mention it. I even heard it inspired part of Elfen Lied which would automatically ensure a place on my top 5.
Jigoku Shoujo- Similar to Death Note dealing in a dark atmopshere. Every episode seeing Enma Ai-san take requests to send people to hell is interesting, especially since 90% of the time the recipiants of the curse are total bastards which makes it even more satisfying. It also has a very great Soundtrack.
Some anime characters I really love:
I'm afraid I have to put up a collection of Yuki-Onna pictures They're my favorite type of Youkai so you know. I must!
There are manyy other characters I love as well. These are the main ones which have sparked special moments in their animes And hold a special place of respect for Aurora.
Video Games are another hobby of mine. I can't count how many I've played though the series that have stood out most to me throughout my life include:
Metroid Series- Pretty much my 1st official video game series I really started playing it deserves a mention. I've played video games before with my friends but from 1st owning a Gameboy Advance I've been hooked to the Metroid series for forever basically. I love pretty much all the games before Other M. With Metroid Prime 2: Echoes being my favorite. Super Metroid/Metroid Prime also coming close. I would consider Metroid to be the best creation of Nintendo for having incredible gameplay (in both 3rd& 1st person) interesting aliens, along with a great overall story that slowly pans out. 3 great things that make for a great game.
Shin Megami Tensei series- by chance I discovered this game at a local gamestore, for only $20 this proved to be one of the best game purchases I ever made. I played SMT: Devil Survivor seeing as RPGs are awesome this one was a classic awesome rpg. I think it to be better than pokemon or any other rpg I've played before. To call it my favorite RPG would be an understatement. You get to control and fight demons YES!! DEMONS!! and choose different routes. The ending and enemies change depending on which path you take which is normally either a Law (totalitarian) or Chaos (Anarchy) path. 2 extremes. There is Neutral as well, but being in the middle of things may not suit me as much. My type of game. Thanks to a facination with demons and rpgs. I've gotten other games in the series such as Strange Journey and Devil Survivor 2. Plan to get more in the future. All the games in this series I've played so far have proven to be quite difficult of course being very fun as well. had the 3 games for several months and I've only beaten Devil Survivor so far. Close to beating Strange Journey but wow its difficult. On the final boss now but can't beat it due to being severely underleveled and not having good enough moves to counter the 1 hit kos the boss throws at you.
Touhou Series- Until this year I haven't heard a lot about Touhou. The figure of Flandre Scarlet was distinctive and since getting into this series I've learned how awesome it is. It really started with one of my friends irl sending one of the games so I could play it. My 1st Touhou game was Imperishable Night. The difficulty, music, patterns, and characters are all fantastic And when all those things are great they make a very good game. The most notable thing is that it was all made by one person who calls himself ZUN. That alone gets a lot of respect. One person doing all the programing, music, characters, and everything else Its a rare thing to find nowadays. I have played pretty much every Touhou game including Iamp. except Unidentified Fantastic Object and the classic PC-98 games. So far I've only beaten normal mode on MoF and IN. I hope to beat the others eventually and become a lunatic-tier player.
Not much more to say. Touhou characters are epicness. Gods basically.
Some other games I really enjoy include:
Rusty Hearts I played this a lot awhile ago. I'm still into rpgs but not as much mmorpgs. For some reason I don't enjoy playing online with/against other people as much. Otherwise I will still play it. Its got great gameplay, music, and characters.
Well then cya for now.
November 13, 2011
15 hours ago
20 / ?
total anime ratings: 194
total manga ratings: 26