Naga's avatar

• The Moon
  • Joined Feb 15, 2012

K

Jun 5, 2013

At first I was a bit skeptical about the show since it introduced a shit load of characters and was set on only 13 episodes, and it’s very unlikely for a show to properly develop so many characters in so little time. As you’ve guessed, the show failed, hard. But that wasn't even the worst part about this, the amount of horrible engrish made my ears bleed. But seriously, at some point you’ll even need subtitles to properly understand it.

Anywhore. What we have here is a clusterfuck of many one-dimensional characters that tend to run around, playing gangs n’ stuff, and yet, the main focus of this show is about the silly white haired boy and his badass guardian trying to find out about a murder of taller one’s boss (characters are not very memorable). I can’t even describe how terribly this one was executed. In one second the taller bishe is resting his katana on his throat, and in the next one they’re happily eating rice and farting rainbows like they’re best friends ever. Did I mention the Nekko? I don’t even think I have to… The dialogue is 100% cheesy and just never seems to drop the overdramatic tone. And I won’t even go into the amount of unrelated, cryptic scenes where characters just talked about pretentious things that had absolutely no use beside making this show look smarter, even if it’s not (think about any HQ office dialogue between blonde oppai and the director)

What I also found quite funny was the amount of rivalry between male characters, and every one of those is quite shallow since we never go deeper into their conflicts, and when we do, it’s very sloppy. But even then, it managed to bait many yaoi fans… What? You don’t believe me? Go to ff.com and if the front page is not filled with 99% homoeroticism then I’m a dolphin.

Animations looked superb from the start, but got quite worse near the end. One could argue that the fights were pretty, and I admit that they were really well done, but I found them lazy in the final fight where the flow of the background felt like it was barely moving. Even so, many scenes such as skateboarding ones looked amazing. One more problem I had would be the design that is quite generic and already used in few different anime (all from GoHands).

All in all, this show lacked content and time to properly handle the characters. It’s not terrible or anything. I mean, it still features some solid animation, pretty ok music and few cool plot twists, but that’s just not nearly enough.

Best girl: Blode Oppai