Naga's avatar

Naga

• The Moon
  • Joined Feb 15, 2012

Rain Town

Without much context or narration, RainTownis one of those few shorts that actually deliver. Set in very gloomy looking semi-dystrophic setting, one girl meets an almost broken robot… and that’s practically it.

There may not be much going on, but we can still applaud it for the idea, and for very well made and atmospheric looking setting. Seriously, the design is very fitting, pretty and unique, something that a great number of anime miss these days (and I’m a fan of darker atmospheres). The music is consisted of one or two quite melodramatic pieces that run through the whole length. It’s really fitting with the general mood of the show, and its omnipresence complements every situation very well. With a quite sweet revelation in the end, the show changes its colors and leaves the watcher with something quite different than what he expected. That alone may be a reason why I enjoyed this one as much as I did.

All in all, I’d say that it’s a worthy watch. Even with a big lack of context or narrative, and charachters not exacty being charachters, there’s still substance, and I think that it's a reason enough for this to become a worthy investment of your time.

Best girl: /