Naga's avatar

• The Moon
  • Joined Feb 15, 2012

Inferno Cop

Jun 2, 2013

How can something so dumb and so bad be so god damn addictive and funny… Trigger, Studio Fucking Trigger, ala ex-Ganiax. There’s just too much goodness about this show, almost as much as flaws (only real flaw about this anime is that there's no more of it)… but that hardly matters in this kind of anime. It’s not trying to achieve anything past being hilarious and fun to watch. It won’t take itself seriously at any time, and it will just continue to bomb you with its most bizarre.

The animation was… yeah, frames… but for some reason I found it fitting. One could argue that's it's not animation, one could argue it's above animation.. I could see a backdrop behind both of those. The voice acting is pretty much done by 1 or 2 guys, which makes me thing why the hell were credits so damn long? It’s like they had supervisors or something? If by supervisors we mean those people who laughed in the background while those 2 guys played with paper and produced noises… then yeah… sure. If I had to imagine myself in the writers skin, then I’d imagine 2 guys in a basement on speed taking about robots, skeletons and anime references… because if that’s not what Inferno Cop was about… I have nothing. It may be retarded and incoherent as hell, but the way everything progressed was pure comedic gold, in case you dig randomness as much as I do.

All in all: it was filled with randomness and great references – my cup of tea. It knew what it was and it never tried to be anything beside that, and in my opinion, it outdid itself. There’s going to be a void in my heart called Inferno Cop…

Best girl: Mecha Cop