Naga's avatar

• The Moon
  • Joined Feb 15, 2012

Little Witch Academia

Jun 2, 2013

I am surprised that this was made by newbies, or better, I can’t even believe it. But then again, I didn’t expect any less from Studio Trigger that’s practically ex-Gainax, even if they are just newbies.

Anyway, they did the hell of a job with this one. From the technical standpoint it’s great. The designs are funky and detailed and the animation in general is very well made. While the music is not rich in content, it blended pretty nicely with everything and gave a good feel through the whole anime. Characters are well handled minding their limited time. I feel like everyone was showcased just enough to have a notable presence, and their personalities were conspicuous enough to make them feel alive and blend well in their world. They may be one-dimensional, but they put enough effort to make the best out of it. Story is pretty well executed for such short period of time, which makes me sad because frankly, who wouldn’t want the full series of this? For what it is, it is amazing, and I’ll definitely recommend this to anyone who feels like watching something short, funny and worthy.

Best girl: Sucy