Naga's avatar

• The Moon
  • Joined Feb 15, 2012

Humanity Has Declined

Jun 1, 2013

Who ever said that fantasy is all about swords and magic? HHD was quite unique in the way it handled its setting. You just have to applaud it for the bizarreness and artstyle, and fairies, especially fairies. While weak on plot and characterization, HHD has its strengths in comedy and unique structuring. The way the story and the world building moves is quite out-of-the-ordinary, mainly because of the major disorder in the chronology, but I found it very fitting for some reason.

Each new “arc” spawns at least 1 or 2 new characters that are quite the surprise, but I never liked the way they were handled, mainly because of previously mentioned lack of characterization or effort to make something more out of them, but even so, each and every one of them provided some solid comedy. While arcs weren’t anything special, they were all on the same level in terms of progression, entertainment value and general world building, which is great since it never dropped in quality, but bad since it never tried to make anything else out of itself. Music was good, but also nothing special. OP and ED were good in a way that I doubt you’d skip them, so that’s one more positive thing. Eh.

All in all: not bad, not bad at all. While I do found it quite charming for what it is, I also feel that there’s much more this show could achieve… its plainness is its crime… but even so, it’s unique and quite entertaining watch I’d best describe as a comedy that you should definitely check out.

Best girl: Mediator