MugenNeS's avatar

• Somewhere in space...
  • Joined Oct 7, 2009

Angel Beats!

Dec 30, 2010

While I sat down and watched Angel Beats! I thought to myself this is probably another knock off of Haruhi or maybe another anime that I have watched, but I was DEAD WRONG! Angel Beats is probably one of the best if not the best anime of 2010 and with that said here is my review.

Story: While the story was original and highly entertaining, it provides some descent comedy and action, but the drama of it all just leaves one breathless. It's just beautifully written. From the different character stories and the plot, I was actually highly entertained after the first episode. Warning to all who haven't watched this one yet, it's a tear jerker so be prepared.

Animation: At first glance you'll notice right away that this anime was drawn with the sense of perfection in mind. Great visuals hands down.

Sound: The soundtrack kicks ass, that is all.

Characters: Ah, the overall reason I fell in love with this anime. The characters in Angel Beats! all have their own unique back stories, as well as an agenda that they each want to fulfill. Otonashi, Tenshi, and Yuri really help this anime sell big with a great supporting cast you'll feel what each individual character feels, especially Tenshi and Iwasawa.

Overall: I highly recommend Angel Beats! to anyone who's looking for something different with a story that will captivate you and hook you in very quickly. No real dull moments to speak of and certainly a must get for collectors and other otaku out there. 9.95 out of 10. I could have given it a 10 out of 10 but sadly I feel as though there could have been a lot more episodes. Now time for me to read the manga and the light novels and write my reviews of those.

9.5/10 story