MugenNeS

Rurouni Kenshin

26 DEC
2010

Despite the fact Rurouni Kenshin did have a cult following, I myself being one of them at the time, I feel that this anime could have been something better. The story was pretty solid for the first 20 some odd episodes but then it just went all over the place during the last 30. I kind of felt lost at times, and literally re-watched every single episode a few times just to see if I missed anything. As for the animation, it felt a bit rushed. The sounds and music were pretty cool. The characters are by far both cool and weird. Kenshin himself is cool working along side Miss Karou. But then as the story progressed all the other characters seemed as though they were just a spur of the moment type of thing. Overall I give this anime a 7.5/10 overall and here's why... I liked the concept, and Kenshin's back story, which could have played out more in the anime, but thankfully was explained in the movie, but the art direction could have been better. Everything seemed rushed to me, but I still liked it regardless.

Other Anime Reviews by MugenNeS

Noir

• Sound 7.5/10
  • Characters 8.5/10
  • Overall 7.5/10

comments

MugenNeS avatar MugenNeS
Dec 26, 2010

Thanks, I totally forgot about the manga lol. I do prefer the manga over the anime overall.

Yanagi13 avatar Yanagi13
Dec 26, 2010

I actually quite liked this anime. I agree with your review though, the last thirty episodes before the filler started were rushed. Also, that move is complete filler. The two OVA's are canon. In the actual manga Kenshin doesn't die, but instead marries Kaoru and has a child with her. Yahiko becomes Kenshin's successor, and is given the reverse blade sword. I prefer the real ending.

Great review though, it was fairly well written and I concur with many of your brief points.