MrAnime's avatar

• Arizona
  • Joined Aug 1, 2011

Jormungand

Dec 25, 2013

As I first started the series, I had the feeling that it was going to be the generic episodic type of anime. While I was right with the episodic part of it, the generic side was the part I felt was wrong about Becuse some episodes will give you a great thought to ponder on about. The first two episodes however was were I had to force myself to watch. Gradually, my head began to turn back to the screen on its own. While the series doesn’t capture your attention with an apparent story that builds up, the trouble the characters go through is something that will. (Or if you the type of person who like to hear and see guns going off. XD)

On a side note, One thing I really hoped to get out of this watch was a new character to love, and I just couldn’t find one for me.

The animation is above the standard due to the great amount of detail in the actions scenes although, therewasn't a moment where I stopped the video to look at how well a particular scene created and done. The sound is something I not going to get into since I didn’t pay much attention to it.

Overall, I found the series an enjoyable treat to watch. Since this was from recommendation that mentioned “Black Lagoon” I came in wondering how it compares. From the endless action the series had packed into it and the over whelming amount of detail it had down to the names of the weapons and vehicles that brought a smile to me about 2-3 times per an episode, I found it to be equally enjoyable as Black Lagoon.