Mozuri's avatar

• Centerville, Ohio
  • Joined Mar 19, 2012

Claymore

Nov 30, 2012

One of my personal favorite shows and definitely my favorite manga, and unlike Berserk, you don't need to read the manga to like the anime!

Story: (8/10)

Gritty and intense are two words that perfectly match this series. The lack of peaceful moments only intensifies the dark atmosphere this show wants to convey. At no time should this show give you a moment of relief, personally it kept me at the end of my seat the whole time. Just kidding, I lied. I was laying down on my bed when I was watching this, I wasn't on a seat lmfao!! Anyways, the reason why I don't give the story a perfect score is because it doesn't follow the manga correctly towards the end of the show. So instead of continuing the story after the Northern Campaign, they just end the anime with a big "final boss" kind of fight that never happens in the manga. Sigh...

Animation: (8/10)

While Claymore doesn't have the most beautiful animation of all time, it does what it sets out to do, which is make everything look dark, edgy, and rough. I personally loved the style of the show as it gave it a more genuine medieval, dark fantasy kind of feel.

Sound: (10/10)

First of all, if you end up not liking the show, there's NO WAY you'll end up not liking the opening or ending songs. They are ONE OF, if not THE BEST opening and ending songs ever made for an anime. The soundtrack is also awesome in every way possible, as it's epic, and fits the shows atmosphere extraordinarily well. So basically Claymore sounds good is what I'm trying to get across...

Characters: (7/10)

Definitely not the strong point of the show is the characters. Don't get me wrong, most of them are pretty cool, it's just that because of their nature, the characters in the show are generally hard to like, let alone relate to. I'm talking about the Claymore's btw, Raki doesn't suffer from any of that other stuff I was talking about, he's just a bitch.

Overall: (9/10)

Again, if not for the "anime only" ending, this show would have gotten a perfect score. Sadly that's not the case... But hey! At least you can read the manga afterwards and get more enjoyment out of the series. Oh and by the way, the manga is F***ING AWESOME!!

I Recommended This Show To: Those who enjoy violent Shounen, but are aware of the childish/idiotic themes present within them. Watch this if you want a good action show with a more mature and logical story than your typical battle anime (Bleach, DBZ, etc...)