Morpheus3000

Black Blood Brothers

14 JAN
2011

Black Blood Brothers is finally now one of my all-time favourites. The story telling was great, the style in which in the end 2 timelines are merged and all questions are answered was brilliantly executed. The Universe of the vampires in this anime was very believable. The animation was great, with the characters looking very believable, and not to mention cute! But the part that needs a special mention is the character art. This anime had one of the most beautiful representation, that I've ever seen of the characters. There was this one scene where the protagonist had just found something after thinking it was lost. He was in genuine pain, but was unable to cry, but also at the same time happy because he just found what he thought was lost. The entire emotion was drawn on his face. You could tell all those emotions just by looking at that face for those few seconds, even if the dialogue wasn't there. I was actually sad to see the series end in just 12 eps. But the ending does have enough room for a sequel or two, or even short OVAs. So, I'll be eagerly waiting for the sequel or OVA's release when they do, just like with Code Geass.

Other Anime Reviews by Morpheus3000