Moparty's avatar

Moparty

• Joined Jun 23, 2013

Honey and Clover

Aug 30, 2013

Review is solely opinion so please don't hate

STORY: 8

The story is very engaging and very unique. Whether it be major plot twists or crazy adventures, something new is always happening. The take on "friendship" and "strong relationships" have been done before but this was a very strong and refreshing take on it. The different tasks that would have to be accomplished and the overall drama of each situation kept you watching and eager to see what happens next.

ANIMATION: 10

The animation was really hard to adjust to in the beginning. I think it was just too much for me to handle because as my eyes adjusted, I would notice how beautifully animated Honey and Clover really was. The textures in the background were fresh and unique. The character models were beautifully different. The overall scenes would look extravagant. This anime has probably one of the best art styles I've seen in anime, and you would think that future animes would surpass this in terms of art because of how outdated it is compared to some animes, but it still manages to top animes in art style to this day and possibly the future. This art style and animation is very different to the point where average anime watchers may not be able to comprehend, but this anime is truly an eye catcher.

SOUND: 6

There was nothing too interesting that I've noticed when it comes to sound. The op wasn't that great although it was a bit freaky and unique. But that was in terms of visuals rather than sound. The sound may have impacted me in some scenes but fell off in other scenes. It is very inconsistent. The ending song is pretty refreshing and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was the strongest point when it came to sound and although it was good, the ending song shouldn't be the one to overtake all of the rest of the songs and sounds.

CHARACTERS: 9

The characters are so amusing and heartwarming. Takemoto, Hagu, Yamada, Morita, Mayama and Hanamoto sensei all have interesting personalities. I also like the fact that they don't have one character overpowering the other, Everyone has issues and faults that need to be dealt with, and all are equally focused on. Maybe not Hanamoto sensei as much but since he isn't a student, it's to be expected. The characters are all so unique and the relationships between them are convayed with ease. The love polygons in this anime are unique and are stronger than most animes. These characters are cute and fun to watch, and it's hard to hate any of the characters.

OVERALL: 8.25

Just to be clear, I am combining both Honey and Clover 1 and 2 in this review. I am not forming a response on just the first series. This anime was a joy to watch, and really pulled me into a new artistic world. The stunning visuals in this anime are really hard to beat and anime overall was just so beautiful. Too beautiful to be put into words. Whether or not you are into these kinds of animes, I highly recommend it. This anime is wonderful.

8.3/10 overall