MisyRose's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2013
  • ? / F

Olympus

Aug 14, 2013

The art is truly spectacular; the characters are all beautifully designed and very pleasant to look at. However in my opinion the story and the characters really dragged the whole manga down.

I'm not quite sure whether it is the author's fault or the scanlators' but I found it hard to make sense of things. And when I did, I really didn't care. The story dragged on and went nowhere; in fact, there really didn't seem to be a plot. Sometimes purposeless manga work, but it definitely did not in this case. I was extremely bored and constantly checked how far I was to the end so I could put the end to my misery.

But I somehow managed to slog through the chapters despite wanting to drop it ASAP but man, it was 10 chapters too long. It should have been an one-shot; in that case I would have been much lenient on the story and more in awe of the art.

Now that I look back on it, probably the only reason I put myself over such torture (aside from the fact that I am now apparently a masochist) was the art. I couldn't stop because that meant giving up the pretty pictures and bishies.

I still recommend you to give it a try, even if it's just to get an experience of the art. And who knows, maybe you'll even find yourself liking it. I know that I didn't, at the very least.