MikeSinner's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined May 11, 2009

World Conquest Zvezda Plot

on May 18, 2014

So, we start off with something silly, then it turns even more silly and even dumb and then we get some amazing plottwists that nobody could possibly see coming....
Ahem... No we don't.
Not yet anyway, I mean, really, how many times have we seen the "OMG I totally did not recognize you before because you have a silly mask covering your eyesm but absolutely everything else looks and sounds the same, so it was incredibly hard to even think about it" thing before?!
At least Clark Kent bothered to change his hairstyle (eventhough it wasn't as incredibly obvious as here).
But then!! After... See full review

Golden Time

on May 1, 2014

I liked it! No I didn't... Yes I did!
Yeah but... No.... Wait, yes, it was good!
No, it was... Ehm... I forgot.
Oh, bad pun!! Did you fall off a bridge or something?!

So, sometimes you want to strangle certain characters and sometimes you want to hug them (or usually others) and tell them it'll be alright.

One of the bigger problems just is the communication, which seems awfully diffeicult for people somehow. Lots of misunderstandings could be so easily prevented if we would just talk AND listen!!
And the listening part is one that keeps popping it's head around the corner in this... See full review

Btooom!

on Mar 6, 2013

Hmmm, why the high overall rating?
I mean, it's like: Plotholes! Plotholes everywhere!!
And what's the rush?
Here, have a new character, oh here's a little bit of background too and BOOOM! Now he's gone!
NEXT!
What the?! EHm... Okay?
And then after these 12 episodes... Insert coin I guess.
Play on, season 2 coming if enough coins inserted. If not... Well, then you can guess the rest or go to the manga. Which has been going since 2009.

I don't know, I guess it's a nice change of pace from the usual stuff.
Watched this after Mirai Nikki (which also had quite a few problems, but... See full review

Sasameki Koto

on Apr 11, 2012

For the most part I enjoyed it, but then for some reason they seemed to have a need to go ahead and ruin it by forgetting they were trying to tell a romantic story. Towards the end it became hard to follow through because I was seriously starting to doubt they could give it a proper finish.
And then comes the worst. They didn't.
They just give you the biggest crater of an open ending you may have seen in some time.

So, then I took a look around to find the manga and guess what? NO open ending there!
What the hell went wrong with the animation process? How could they have gotten sidetracked... See full review

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

on Apr 6, 2012

I had this on my computer because I was told it was supposed to be a good anime.
I hadn't gotten around to watching it yet though, but now that I have forced myself to view it to the end... What a mess. How was this supposed to be highly recommended?

The story is one big mess, there are a whole lot of subjects introduced and then, oh never mind, let's go to something else. Characters are introduced by name, but because they're in such a hurry to make this work in just 11 episodes, they don't bother giving them any depth...
There are just SOOO many missed chances and yet, I couldn't even be... See full review

H2O: Footprints in the Sand

on Nov 22, 2011

This is a bit of a confusing anime.
Not so much because it's hard to follow.... And yet, in the end, it kind of is...
Ehm... But, mostly because it tries to do too much.
There's plenty of drama, some romance, a cover of supernatural and then to spice things up, a few random ecchi moments.
And the greatest thing is!:
The 'happy ending' went completely wrong!!
How is that a happy ending?! It was just bloody sad!
Not to mention quite abrupt, but then most of it was.
At around episode 6 it's almost like, wait, is it already over now?
Looks like they are going to wrap it up...
But... See full review

5.5/10 overall

We, Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky

on Nov 20, 2011

It's a bit hard to describe this anime as it starts of pretty random.
I thought it was pretty funny though. It's probably a good thing I had not looked here for the overall rating, because I probably wouldn't have watched it then.
Especially because I had some trouble keeping focussed after the first 2 episodes.
Stick with it though and you will still be able to enjoy quite a few laughs.
For the fans, there are quite some pantyshots as well.... And not just any standard striped ones to my surprise.
Ok, so after finding out this was based on an ero-game maybe not so much surprised anymore, but... See full review

Steins;Gate

on Nov 12, 2011

Tutteru!

I'd think you wouldn't need another review with this many positive ratings, but just to be sure... I'm going to tell you to go watch this too. =P

Obviously, that is if you like a healthy dose of nutty people, time travel that has actually been thought through! A bit of romance (even sort of touching harem at some point, but can be neglected), drama for some possible teary moments and lots of laughs.
You just have to watch this.

Ofcourse, if you're going to nitpick at the concept of timetravel, you will always end up at the impossibility and the approach on this anime (which... See full review

Hen Zemi TV

on Sep 1, 2011

Story.... Ehm.... No, just a situation and then start spouting nonsense given the subject of fetishes. Or something.
Never mind that. If you want a couple of laughs and don't have the weak stomach the reviewer of the OVA had that gave it a 1.5, then you should just stick with the OVA and skip this altogether. Nothing new and possibly tuned down a bit to reach a larger audience... Although I still doubt it had much of an audience either way.
This is less funny, tries to be serious sometimes and shoots itself in the foot by doing so and even tries to apply actual psychology, which most people looking... See full review

Angel Densetsu

on Jul 31, 2011

It's really a shame they never finished what they started in terms of anime.
I'm currently reading the manga at 11 of 15 volumes and it's a really great manga. The anime could have been equally good, although they did already step up the pase quite a lot so they wouldn't need too many episodes, but evenso, it seems it never caught on.
A shame really.
So, if you have watched this already, then rest asured, you can read the manga for the full story, start to finish.
If you haven't seen this yet, I'd still recommend the manga over the anime, but it is funny to finally get an audio with Kitano-kuns... See full review

Nana to Kaoru

on Jul 25, 2011

Well, if you like the subject, or actually, even if you're not all that much into bondage and/or S&M, but just want to read an interesting story that is a bit erotic as well.

GO READ THE MANGA!

Seriously, what are you still doing here? Forget this anime, read the manga!

See full review

Maria Holic Alive

on Jul 23, 2011

Wow, great way to avoid a continuation of the story you poked at in the first season...
Wait, what story? Admitted, first season was already quite sucky, but this time it's even worse with the "let's torture and make fun of the main character" without bothering to put up any effort of fitting it inside any type of story.
I know there will be plenty people who will like this anime, because there are a lot who liked the movie 'meet the parents' as well.
That is also one of those movies in which the whole point is to ridicule the main character and come up with slapstick and one-shot gags. I... See full review

Kaichuu!

on Jul 23, 2011

So ehm.... Now what?
That's about what you get, barely 10 minutes of very quick push and shove to get a story across, which is not a lot when you want to cram in all kinds of ideas.
Just to make sure, I went to look for the manga and guess what?
It's nothing alike!!
The only thing in common is the location, archery and the 2 main characters look the same.
Other than that, oh yeah, the title, but that's it!
So why on earth did they bother to make an anime that is way too short and isn't much related to the manga it is supposed to be based on? I have no idea, but tell you what;

I'm... See full review

Kemonozume

on Jul 8, 2011

I don't mind watching anime that have a little weird drawing style, but this is not just weird... It's terrible. Eyes too far apart, characters messy with dark and thick lines looking like they just threw some colours on raw sketches...
But let's put that aside a bit. Even if it does make it hard to realise that some people are supposed to be handsome. It's the story we're looking for.
And that starts pretty good. A romance not meant to be and difficult circumstances, fighting with monsters and all kinds of ingerdients to make a fine story... Untill they make things even more farfetched... At some... See full review

Futari Ecchi

on Jul 5, 2011

I think this is a pretty nice cute little anime and should definitely be seen by those who start out like this couple.

#Starting to rant, not so much related to this anime#
Really, get some proper sex-ed, preferably BEFORE getting married. Some countries are just way to scared to let out anything about love and/or sex.
Then you get the; "hmm, so this thing goes in there" type of sex, because they don't know any better.
Knock it off! Explore, experiment, there's so much fun to be had! No wonder the guy shoots his load almost instantly, all that pent up... No actually, I... See full review

Freezing Specials

on Jul 4, 2011

Fanservice.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Well, actually maybe less, because they tried to make a story around it.
Why bother if it has absolutely nothing to do with anything?

See full review

Freezing

on Jul 4, 2011

*WARNING!! May contain spoilers and ranting!*

Okay... Where to start...
The story. I'm sure there is one somewhere. No really, there is...
It just gets blown away by all the selfish bitches trying to prove who'se the queenbitch.
Which TOTALLY makes sense when they are supposed to be trained to protect the world from alien invasions... No, extradimensional creatures actually.

It already starts with a major malfunction of common sense the first episode where the girls are in what they call a carnival, also another means of proving who's strongest, and they can all go ahead... See full review

Seikon no Qwaser

on May 22, 2011

I downloaded this as a torrent containing 12 episodes, an OVA and 6 "picture drama" episodes, so I thought tat would be it. Later I came to realise that it was actually a 24 episode anime. Now, at about episode 8 or 9, I did indeed think that it would not be possible to finish the story in 12 episodes, but my goodness.
I wish they had. Up till that point, despite the characters being retarded and the story being full of holes and unexplained occurences, I actually had a few laughs and it was all kind of funny.
But they introduce too many characters, not working them out, which is... See full review

Seikon no Qwaser Picture Drama

on May 22, 2011

So yeah, Story? There is none.

Animation? There is none.

Sound? Well, there is some talking done... In a way that some people would use their phone and get charged excessive amounts of money to get.... Well... Stimulated... >_<

Characters? Oh come on.
This is a picture show of 'erotic' variety that has absolutely no value what-so-ever.
I guess some people might actually fap to this, but then 2 minutes is a bit short, isn't it?
Oh sorry, it isn't? Poor you.
So, the anime itself is already like, WTF, but adding this to it makes it even more....... See full review

0.1/10 story
0.1/10 animation
0.1/10 characters
0.1/10 overall

Kodomo no Omocha

on May 10, 2011

A long long time ago when I first started watching anime, I came across this and dropped it after the first two episodes because it was so hirribly, HORRIBLY annoying.
And yet, the rating for this anime is relatively high...
So, after many years I have decided to give it a nother try.
Although it's very hard to find a proper download (bad quality and subs are very bad), I'm watching now and am up to episode 8 and surprised to say, there's a lot more to it than you'd expect at first glance. Yes, Sana-chan is still extremely annoying, but she has her heart in the right place.
So, for now... See full review

Maburaho

on May 8, 2011

Well, in theory you could say that this story has an original idea....
But when most of that idea is used as just a little lifeline to grab on to to allow for pantyshots and booby bouncing to dominate...
Well, yeah, then it just turns in a standard harem, with the standard stereotype characters.
And then halfway through the inevitable happens and the lifeline gets some more attention again, but then again, that lifeline also has it's problems.
The reason for the harem thing... So, ok, you want his genes??
He's 17 years old and... He's bothered with that? I mean, the girls don't even seem to... See full review

Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!

on Apr 30, 2011

It's entertaining enough to watch just for the fun of it, but if you want some proper story and development, you're looking for it in the wrong place.
You get to have some pantyshots and then you don't... Why bother cencoring if the second before or after, you gave a full shot? Not that it matters either way to me, but this type of "can't make up our minds" thing is just stupid.
Storywise it's about as inconsistent as well, because eventhough "onii-chan's" ero-mags had already been discovered and displayed in front of his (not blood-related) sister AND his parents, he still wants... See full review

School Rumble San Gakki

on Apr 18, 2011

If you liked the first two seasons and you're expecting something similar, or a proper closure... Well, maybe there is a little bit of a closure somehow, but it bites.

Basically they seem to have run out of budget or something and decided to compress a whole lot of manga chapters into 2 episodes so they could have an excuse of at least finishing the anime.
Evenso, they still have an intro to tell you a few things that seem to have happened in a few seconds, which still leaves thinking "WTF?" and also throughout both the episodes there's constant reminders of the WTF-moment and you're... See full review

Kamen no Maid Guy

on Apr 1, 2011

The first time I tried watchign the series I dropped out at after the 3rd or 4th episode, because it was so boring. After about 2 years I tried watching it again and I still watched some other animes in between, because this show just couldn't keep my attention.
You might find the ecchi stuff interesting, but just for that, I don't reccommend this at all. You'll be much better off with Kanokon or what have you.... At least there the funny stuff is also actually funny.
And to my surprise, the end of this show is even miles open, expecting to come up with a second season for it. Well, there's something... See full review

Aki Sora: Yume no Naka

on Mar 28, 2011

Story wise.... Uhm....
This is pretty much hentai, except you don't see the actual penetration.
Which in a way is a good thing, because that leaves out the censorship, making the penetration bit useless either way. =P
Honestly I don't even remember why I downloaded this.
So again, back to the story. As is fitting for most hentai, there is only the slightest bit of a story that is obviously quite cliché so they can go ahead and get to the part where the sex happens.
The animation is pretty good though and soundwise... Well, it's not the worst ever.
But that's pretty much it. I'm only... See full review

Yosuga no Sora

on Mar 25, 2011

Ok, let's first start with the reason why some people are burning it down:
They seem to have not gotten the message that it is an anime based on an EroGame.

So the complete randomness in which the story goes back and forth in time to get a new outcome where the main character does another girl is not random! It's like going back to your saved game and picking another choice.
And based on that, I think they did pretty darn well to actually make an anime out of it!

I have tried playing only few EroGames, so I only know a bit about the choices and stuff.
Other than that it's just... See full review

Shadow Star Narutaru

on Mar 11, 2011

I downloaded this anime after reading a review of GANTZ, stating that this would also be pretty messed up. In the end I can agree, but it takes a while to see why the comparison was made. Not that I was really waiting for that but... I guess this whole anime is just unexpected. And after watchin it, I really do wonder why they haven't made a second season or why they hadn't waited for the manga to finish, because there is no end to it. It's really REALLY frustrating, because I feel like we are only halfway through the story.
So what I recommend you to do if you're interested in this, is what I am going... See full review

5.5/10 overall

Gravitation

on Mar 3, 2011

First off, I am no fan of boy love or anything, but when I saw a few fragment of this show in a song on youtube, I thought it might be fun to watch anyway...
And indeed, getting past the part that it's not boy meets girl, but meets another boy, we find ourselves a very funny anime with a hyper-active joker as a main character.
Storywise it might not be the most brilliant ever, because some things just don't quite match up, or get worked out properly, but compensating it with a lot of fun is ok with me.
The songs aren't really that good either (I pretty much hate it, not my style), but again, I... See full review

GANTZ

on Mar 1, 2011

Shock and friggin' awe!!
Have a weak stomach?
Don't watch!
Looking for a happy ending?
Don't watch!
Hate open endings that leave you with numerous questions and even feel cheated?
Don't watch!
Honestly, the last few episodes were wasted if you ask me, and reading the other review, I'm not the only one thinking that, but I can't really give any details without spoiling.

I'm not going to describe the story, you have a synopsis for that.

The characters are put together well and you WILL love or hate them, but either way you feel about them, you won't... See full review

Kakyuusei 2

on Feb 20, 2011

Just recently I metioned to someone it's very rare for me to drop an anime, but this is just...
The first episode was already a perfect indicator, but to give it a chance to see if anything would happen at any point, I continues watching. But it just doesn't get interesting anywhere at all.
The characters are dull and the voices don't help breathye any bit of life into them.
The music is plain annoying and the same goes for the rest of the sound.
It seems as though they really didn't bother at all trying to put any effort into this anime.
I waited it out to episode 5 but after that, I... See full review