MikeSinner

Velvet Kiss

BASED ON 4 OF 4 VOLUMES READ
13 SEP
2012

Seeing as how there's no synopsis or anything,
the stroy starts with a salaryman who seems to have just found his lucky streak, but soon finds the good luck to take a turn for the worse when he finds himself shouldered with a huge debt of 80.000.000 Yen. The company that had got him into the debt though has a strange suggestion for him to freeze his debt on the condition he befriends a certain person.
That's where it starts to get more and more complicated because this person turns out to be a whimsical girl who can just order him around at any time she pleases, while he still has his own job to hang on to.
There's a story behind every person though, so don't judge any book by it's cover. Why has he been put in this position and what's going on inside this company that seems to have forced him into the role of a lackey?

It's a bit of a slow start and seems to be mostly erotic at first, but... You know, it's not 100% true the slow start... It's just. There is really a lot of sex going on. And while that is going on, characters need to be introduced and brought to life, so I guess that kind of makes it give that slow start feel. Even so, it gets on a roll and I couldn't really stop reading.
Not untill my eyes were begging me to get some sleep. So I did and then continued reading as soon as I got up, got dressed and had my computer back on. Even had to remind myself to get some food in me.

The end is really coming fast in the last volume, kind of feels like they had to finish it because there would not be a next volume, but it's not like it was cut short like some other stories (especially with anime that weren't getting enough audience).
It's just a bit of a contrast with the way the story started. The story still finished with a satisfying closing and I had quite some trouble keeping track of time, just because I kept on reading and reading.

There are still a few loose ends, but they don't bother me enough to throw down the overall feel of this manga series.
I'll just leave it that for now, because I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read this story yet.

Other Manga Reviews by MikeSinner