MikeSinner

Kaibutsu Oujo

19 APR
2012

This is a great anime....
If you have absolutely nothing better to do and/or are eating in the meantime or doing something else that means you don't really have to pay attention to what's going on.

So, after watching the whole thing I indeed need to edit this review.
Not only is this mostly good as background noise, it's incomplete too.
No wonder the story is lacking and dimwhitted. No wonder I keep getting the feeling this whole show is mostly filler...

It's been based on a manga that is still ongoing AND every episode of this anime equals 1 chapter of the manga!! Admitted, the chapters aren't 18-24 pages like most manga's, but 46-56 or so, but still, that isn't a whole lot if you want to animate that into 20 minutes.

And then getting to the end of the anime, they only end it with more filler, just when there was finally something going on that may have had something to do with the main storyline again.

In the mean time, the manga has grown to 74 chapters and this anime was produced in 2007.
So, either they are extremely late, or they don't intend to continue with animation at all, which, given the quality of this anime, isn't really all that surprising at all.

Those are all the reasons for me to encourage you to read the manga if you are interested or just drop the whole idea of this story altogether.
Nobody likes to put time or effort into something that isn't really very satisfying and in the end, turns out to be completely meaningless, right?

Other Anime Reviews by MikeSinner

Gravitation user review by MikeSinner

Gravitation

Kakyuusei 2 user review by MikeSinner

Kakyuusei 2

comments

TheChibiTanuki avatar TheChibiTanuki
Feb 19, 2014

I must agree. i also feel like it was dialed down for younger audiences. I could not help but HATE how they introduced the panda, how they show no blood and how the blood warriors no longer change colour when their masters are in danger. I'm still watching it just for the fact that i love some the voice actors and i love hearing the androids say fuga.

Long story short, Great job on the awesome review!