MikeSinner's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined May 11, 2009

Sundome

Aug 22, 2011

It should be pretty obvious just by the picture that this is a manga involving echhi elements. And quite a few at that. But that doesn't mean it's all just about that.
I had quite few laughs even litteraly to the point of worrying about my neighbors because of my LOL (insomnia makes me continue way past midnight, so got to keep it down...).
But there's some drama moments as well, actually also multiplying towards the end.
And even though I could already predict the end about halfway through, it does not mean it made the story any bit less fun.
Reading this manga, it should be pretty hard for most people to not laugh, get sad and get pulled in. You might not all like the echhi, especially the domanant/submissive part is a matter of taste (or the ex-prezzes fetish for that matter... >__<), but at the same time, it's hard to not get affected by it.
I've felt myself cheering on one character while becoming protective for the other, so it's safe to say they did a good job on breathing life into their characters. In real life I would certainly have liked to beat up a certain "ex-boyfriend"...
I guess I'm being quite cryptic in trying not to expose anything of the story, but that's because I don't like spoilers. Also meaning, if you want to know what I'm on about, read the manga! ;-)
Gah... It's so hard not to be a spoiler after I just finished reading it, I just want to explode and share everything with someone who has also read it!!
Happy stuff, sad stuff, the things that made me angry.... Waaahh!! Over and out, before I do spill the beans. =P

PhantomPhreek says...

I want to just walk upto this mangaka and just hand him my wallet filled with $100 bills.

It's difficult for me to say exactly what it was that he did with this manga that made it so amazing, but I've never managed to get this emotionally invested in an anime/manga ever.

Jun 16, 2013
Doomoo says...

The part where he trips and slams into the glass door with his pants down and scares the panty theif made me laugh so hard I almost pulled a stomach muscle. I love the humor aspect of this manga and the ecchi makes sure that even in between amazing jokes there is something to keep me reading. But that's still not the best part, the best part is the character and relational development of the two main characters. There were a lot of really sweet moments where I couldn't help but smile.

Nov 11, 2012
eleniyo1992 says...

Hahaha your review made me laugh so hard!!! ='D

Indeed, Sundome is my favourite ecchie manga for all the reasons you mentioned!! Unfortunately I haven't finished it yet to share my thoughts with you ^__^

Nov 28, 2011