MikeSinner's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined May 11, 2009

Kaichuu!

So ehm.... Now what?
That's about what you get, barely 10 minutes of very quick push and shove to get a story across, which is not a lot when you want to cram in all kinds of ideas.
Just to make sure, I went to look for the manga and guess what?
It's nothing alike!!
The only thing in common is the location, archery and the 2 main characters look the same.
Other than that, oh yeah, the title, but that's it!
So why on earth did they bother to make an anime that is way too short and isn't much related to the manga it is supposed to be based on? I have no idea, but tell you what;

I'm going to read the manga, because that looks a lot more promising after about 45 pages. If they'd make an accurate anime of it, I would like to see that.

symmetricales says...

It's actually not supposed to be quite like the manga to begin with. It takes the idea and the characters, but took a totally different route in expressing it. The anime was moreso focused on the ideals of being humorous than anything else and ran with it, so it drew away from the intial story a lot. Why you would expect an anime to fit the manga to a tee despite it being so incredibly outlandish with it's ideals is beyond me?

Most anime don't actually take the original story into context because the object of the anime is a create an atmosphere similar to the original content, but form it's own sense of ideal with it. Hence why people tend to either like the anime or the manga to something.

Mar 31, 2015