MikeSinner

Umisho

22 MAY
2011

It's a relatively light anime with lots of fun and plenty of silly characters.
You might think that this will turn out like one of those typical ecchi/romance/harem type animes, but you'll be mistaken.
It does have some romantic touches and in terms of ecchi there's a lot of 'bouncing' going on, but that's not emphasised too much. It really does revolve a lot around the swimming club and the competitions they go to.
Ofcourse there HAS to be a festival episode and a hot spring one, as seems to be standard for any anime that includes girls and sometimes it can be extremely predictable, but that doesn't spoil the fun.
It's a shame though there were so many openings for even more funny events and new characters, they could have easily made this a 24 episode series without it getting boring, or even go for a second season if we keep it at 13 episodes, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. End judging form the ending, I don't think they were counting on it themselves either.
It isn't the best ever anime, but it could be a nice change of pace. Espcially if you're trying to watch something as retarded as Seikon no Qwaser.... Still trying to finish it, but I'm glad this anime finished downloading so I could see something different. =P

Other Anime Reviews by MikeSinner

Shadow Star Narutaru user review by MikeSinner

Shadow Star Narutaru

overall score: 5.5/10

Kemonozume user review by MikeSinner

Kemonozume

Kaichuu! user review by MikeSinner

Kaichuu!

comments

PhantomPhreek avatar PhantomPhreek
Jul 10, 2011

Did they really leave it open ended? (The romance that is)..watch till the very end of the last episode.

Midnightx avatar Midnightx
Jun 23, 2011

No kidding... I dropped seikon no qwaser after like 3-4 episodes, I dont know how they made a second season of that....its almost worse than watching like a 1970s anime.

But as for this anime, I liked it till the end when you were waiting for atleast some romance to it, but left open ended and no second season...sigh...