MikeSinner's avatar

• Netherlands
  • Joined May 11, 2009

Yosuga no Sora

Mar 25, 2011

Ok, let's first start with the reason why some people are burning it down:
They seem to have not gotten the message that it is an anime based on an EroGame.

So the complete randomness in which the story goes back and forth in time to get a new outcome where the main character does another girl is not random! It's like going back to your saved game and picking another choice.
And based on that, I think they did pretty darn well to actually make an anime out of it!

I have tried playing only few EroGames, so I only know a bit about the choices and stuff.
Other than that it's just too much reading and somehow having moral always gets me nowhere, so I decided that the combo slow reading and getting nowhere was enough to convince me I shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

Anyway, back to the anime, every timelapse has only a few episodes and the total is just 12 so eventhough they tried to get some depth into the characters, but with the limited time they are all given, they can only do so much... Also, if you want FAP material, get some hentai, this show will show you some boobs and poses that are indeed quite bold, but that's about it.

In any case, I enjoyed it, again also because it just has a nice flow if you understand what's going on. If you don't get the part that it's the "what if..." type of changes, you'll get confused and won't like it. But if you know it and take the story for what it is, you'll find that they DID put some effort into it, unlike what some people seem to think.
Also, the extra's about the maid are really funny, so don't forget that there are two 'outro's' with her little chibi story in between.