MikeSinner's avatar

Mar 1, 2011

Shock and friggin' awe!!
Have a weak stomach?
Don't watch!
Looking for a happy ending?
Don't watch!
Hate open endings that leave you with numerous questions and even feel cheated?
Don't watch!
Honestly, the last few episodes were wasted if you ask me, and reading the other review, I'm not the only one thinking that, but I can't really give any details without spoiling.

I'm not going to describe the story, you have a synopsis for that.

The characters are put together well and you WILL love or hate them, but either way you feel about them, you won't wish anybody the amount of violence, pain, suffering and misery they have to go through.

I started watching this and didn't stop untill it was over, a non-stop rush that grips you and won't let go. This will make you feel angry, sad, disgusted and sick to the stomach.
The gore is really tense and detailed, really amazing, but again, dang, you don't want anybody to have to suffer like that!

It really is a shame that the ending is such a let down, because it could have been a 10/10 if they had dealt with it differently.
I already figured we wouldn't be getting any kind of happy ending, but in the end, it's always nice to at least know what it all was for.
I mean, most anime tend to leave some stuff open, asuming people are smart enough to figure it out themselves.
I like that they don't treat people like some (American) TV-series do, having to explain every single thing or having such a slow pace, you as a viewer already know what's going to happen halfway through.
But still.... There are too many anime that leave a too wide gap to figure it all out yourself, almost like those horror movies, always leaving possiblities for a part 2/3/4/5/whatever.
Although that wouldn't be the right comparison, this doesn't really call for a second season.
THat would actually be even worse if they did that.

Well, anyway, This series is still something that will leave you baffled, like I said at the beginning. Shock and awe! And again, take the advice!
Don't like gore, open endings and feeling displeased with the end?
Don't watch!!
But if you want to get dragged into a bloody nightmarish story that will mess with not only the characters' heads, but yours as well, by all means!
WATCH THIS!!

MikeSinner says...

Thanks! Seeing your name and avatar, I think you will munch this anime up like... Like Twinkies in Zombieland! =P

May 3, 2011
SadisticTendencies says...

Great review, I'm currently watching this and so far it's pretty good, except for the sexual undertones.

Apr 29, 2011