MikaShinigami

Ginban Kaleidoscope

21 AUG
2012

So this is my own opinion on the anime, I don't actually have the heart to critisize anything too harshly but when I do, it gets...painful. ^^" I'm not threatening minna-san, so don't worry. I'm reviewing this because it has to be one of the best anime I've ever watched. Before I even start, let me say that I'm a definite 100% certified shoujo lover, even if my favourite anime as of this year happens to be Code Geass. Before i digress any further, let me begin my review on this awesome anime :3 Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing. I'm EXTREMELY emotional. Especially when it comes to anime, manga and drama. So don't blame me for being overdramatic ; that's just the way I am.

Story 9/10 :

I heard this anime had a low budget. I so badly want to read the light novels, since it's the anime's foundation. The plot was actually unique, I mean, how many anime do you have where a figure skater is possessed by a Canadian ghost? It's even rare to have an anime with a figure skater      ( ><)o Either way, I loved the story but the ending really killed me. I ended up writing a fanfiction for it (; ̄Д ̄. I love this anime because you can actually see how Tazusa changes from that arrogant girl to someone who can respect others. I loved that moment when she was talking to Pete and her friend appeared everytime, then misunderstood and ran away in sparkles ^_^ Hilarious. Even if the change was sudden/abrupt, she actually changed over the course of 6 hours ( 12 episodes people ). So the plot was quite unique, not groundbreaking either, but above average and eye-catching.

P.S. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE TOMATOES?!

Animation 3/10 :

The animation was terrible. To actually hear myself say this...Yup, it was that bad. I can take that stiffness but not the overused twirls and leaps and movements. If there was a bit more fluidity, it would have looked really beautiful but we're talking about low-budget here. Sometimes, the characters looked uneven/improportionate ( does this word even exist in the dictionary ? ) and this is quite...You get the point. Either way, the story and the characters, as well as the voice acting are good so, animation can be neglected to some extent.

Sound 7/10 :

Not groundbreaking, to say the least, but not terrible either when talking about the OSTs. But, BUT, I absolutely LOVE the opening and ending songs. It's Maji Love 1000%, I tell ya. The voice acting was good, especially the first episode, Tazusa's Japanese accent when speaking in English was so funny. Need I explain anymore?

Characters 9/10 :

Tazusa ; first impression - BRAT. She was a brat. And then she changed. I like her, it takes a completely different, awesome kind of person to claim that she is a 10 billion dollar beauty. I loved seeing her ice skate and the problems she faced were partially realistic ( it's called anime for a reason ). Pete is so cute. Like that adorable puppy cute. He really is. He can really understand her and my heart broke at the ending. He was such an awesome male lead. Needless to say, I enjoyed seeing Mika's reactions to misunderstanding that Tazusa's anger was directed at her. And the looks on Coach Takashima's and her sister's faces when they see her "talking to herself", they're just priceless. Her coach and Direcor Mishiro are really fun characters in the story, they add some real spice. It's so funny how she deluded herself into believing that Nitta and Takashima liked her. Either way, the leads and supporting cast are really enjoyable characters so this anime is made worthwhile because of them.

Overall, I give this anime an 8.5 and I'm satisfied. Ja, matta ne!

Other Anime Reviews by MikaShinigami