Melodux

Rosario to Vampire

BASED ON 10 OF 10 VOLUMES READ
12 JUN
2011

I've been wanting to review this manga for a while, and I finally got around to doing it. I usually go pretty in-depth with my reviews, but this review is probably going to be pretty short because I realize how much I hate this manga...

Story: Look, it was a great idea, and it could've gone somewhere nice. But the reasons for the story advancing were all the same! The main character gets attacked by all these monsters because they can't believe that the main character is "with" one of the hottest girls in school. That's basically what every chapter was about. Not to mention all the action was the same as well, Tsukune either pulled the rosary off of Moka, and Moka was then allowed to kick the enemy {which I found to be TERRIBLE character development, and insulting on the powers of a vampire and the "high and mighty" status the manga gives vampires. All they can do is kick and mooch blood off of humans? Lame}. OR, Tsukune uses the vampire blood that Moka gives him, and rips the enemy apart {don't even get me started on this one, no matter how many times they said "don't use it, you'll die," stupid Tsukune did, and NEVER DIED}.

Another terrible plot element in Rosario + Vampire was that the same people kept coming back to cause the main cast trouble. After the art teacher in the beginning {who, evidently, comes back in the end, surprise surprise}, the reader {and the cast} should've known NOT TO TRUST THE STAFF. A majority of their enemies were teachers or testosterone-ridden students. When the writer decided to do something different, and throw in a school gang, the members' abilities weren't different at all, making all of the fights {shockingly} the same. The manga artist didn't even try to make them LOOK different monster-wise, either.

There were absolutely no plot twists in the manga. And when I say that, I mean that everything that happened was completely predictable, you saw EVERYTHING coming. Except for the end, which I'll get to in a minute. When the manga DOES decide to pick up some better plot, it's towards the end. And I feel like the plot-full part should've been in the middle, to let the author's creative juices continue to flow. I think the author didn't know what they were doing, and didn't budget their time well, because there was no development until the last volume or so, and the ending was so short and just -- CUT OFF! Literally, the resolution happened in all of about a chapter. It was like; "oh, everyone go home, there's damage that no one can help with cleaning up. And there will be busses to the human world for whatever reason" *Tsukune skips on home, and of course, all the girls that don't know how to keep their legs shut follow* "you somehow got this letter in the human world, you stayed at home for half a day, but you can come back now." Tsukune: "Oh, I'm not going back." Everyone else: "kbye." THE END.

Art: I DO have to give the artist some credit, because I know that some of those buildings, monsters, and buff characters are hard to draw. But SERIOUSLY? Vary-it-up a bit! The characters didn't look any different aside from their hair and their breast size.

Characters: Even though Tsukune was the main character, you knew NOTHING about him. Aside from the fact that he wanted in Moka's pants. Hey played Good Guy Greg, but you never knew any motive behind it besides MOKA. Honestly? If a girl was putting me through THAT much crap, she would NOT have been worth it. Most of the main cast of girls had a sole motive of Tsukune. Which is the definiton of Harem, I know, but they didn't really go after the guy in unique, characteristic ways. I think that there were too many "creepy" characters in there, as well. "Creepy" is usually paired with mysterious, and that's OK, but after about 2, I think you're just getting lazy with character development. I'm not sure if any of you know about the whole "closed-eyed characters" thing, but they're supposed to be wise, smart, and know everything. The teacher that had her eyes closed seemed to be the most apathetic and ignorant one of all...

This manga is only good for bad fanfiction and a spark for tentacle rape fantasies. If that's what you're looking for in a manga? Well, I could tell you some series that are a much less waste of your time and can still accomplish that for ya. Don't expect anything out of this manga. If you're thinking about reading it because it has "vampire" in the title. Don't. I only read it to see if it got any better, and it didn't. I am not moving on to the second one, nor am I interested in the anime. Good day sir.

Other Manga Reviews by Melodux

go to manga

• Art 2/10
  • Overall 1.5/10

Recent Manga Reviews by Melodux

comments

AnimeFreak127 avatar AnimeFreak127
Dec 22, 2011

Really!? This is an ecchi mate, if you want good vampire stuff read Hellsing or Trinity Blood, just sayin...

rowie1311 avatar rowie1311
Dec 11, 2011

Someones never read an ecchi >.>