Maximz

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!

28 MAR
2012

Personally I love this anime very nicely drawn, and its very well thought out. the story centers around a boy who ends up taking care of his sisters children since his sister n her husband died in a plane crash and this tells about all the hardships that he has to go through while taking care of the children. while some may say this seems like incest or to loli for their taste  I feel thats not the case. the characters are not blood related so its not incest and they make this perfectly clear also the main character does not seem to have any romantic interest in any of the three girls he actually has an intrest in reika-san from his school. however this may be a little loli but considering the circumstances i feel that it doesnt cross any boundaries.

Now i know i said i like the story...however i do wish it was longer and the ending kinda confused me cuz i saw him stamp somesort of contract or something im guessing thats the deed to the new house at the end.

the characters were great hina makes the anime a bit more upbeat because of her funny 3yr old aspect and miu is like the mature younger sister (atleast thats how i see her) while sora is the older tsundere sister making the trio pretty fun to watch...however the one thing that annoyed me throughout the whole anime was that stupid club president i dont like it when a good anime gets ruined by one character that basically looks and acts like the viewer image of an otaku lolicon loving person (fat, ugly, glasses, drools over anything thats under a specifc age thats younger then 17) its the one thing that annoys me the most because i feel it adds more fuel to fire for outsiders to say something negative about it...maybe im overthinking but thats how i feel on it. however the rest of the cast was awesome and very enjoyable

overall the anime is great and i enjoyed watching it till the very end i really wish it was longer i wish they would make a season 2 and show them in the new house and continue the story but i dont think it would happen but hey its worth wishing for

Other Anime Reviews by Maximz

Katanagatari user review by Maximz

Katanagatari

overall score: 9.5/10

AKB0048 user review by Maximz

AKB0048

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! user review by Maximz

Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!

comments

Maximz avatar Maximz
Dec 22, 2012

@hoffstyle sorry for late response i didnt want to fully read the comment since it was a spoiler and i wanted to find out what i was missing...alltho im still only reading the main manga... and now that i kno what it was about i've read the comment so... yeaaaahhh they could wrap all that up into a season 2 for sure if they wanted to >_< i hope they do in the summer season anime again XD

hoffstyle avatar hoffstyle
Jul 19, 2012

I'll help your confusion.

Spoiler Alert:The paperwork he was signing was actually the insurance. He recieves a payout as his sister had him as a benificiary for her personal life insurance policy. The house, actually belongs to the family of the brother in law. They along with Yuuta's aunt is allowing them to live there so the girls can have more space/stay in school. LN's indicate that the family has laid some strict guidelines on Yuuta until he becomes of legal age, and at that point they will allow him to seek legal guardianship.

I hope there's a second season too. There is more ground to cover. Miu's mom shows up eventually and hilarity ensues.

Maximz avatar Maximz
Jun 26, 2012

Well to both of you here, I don't know if either of you have been keeping up to date with the manga rcently the manga caught up to the anime ...well in terms of translation and it seems to be going past the anime now so...we might see a second season (wishful thinking)

default avatar Chocwise
Jun 26, 2012

You're right, Maximz.

The Story was wonderfull and heartwarming. Not too crazy.

But you're right as well when you said it's too short. This show should've been laid out for 25 episodes I think. Not because I just want moar, which I certainly do, but to deepen the understanding of the feelings of the girls and to get an insight into Nimuras (the playboy guy) motivation to get involved and caring for the girls.

geckoexe avatar geckoexe
Mar 30, 2012

I felt that way too. I feel that Yuuta's relationship with Raika could have developed into something nice. She was a really loveable character and I felt throughout the whole series, that she would make the perfect mother for the girls.

I'm with you on the wishing for a second season. The ending left the story with the possibility for another season.