MashMash

Mahoromatic 2

8 NOV
2012

I'm kind of commentless on this whole series. Hmm lets see..it's great and bad at the same time. Have you ever feel that some anime plots need to 'do something' to make you feel great and satisfying after finishing them? Well this series did do 'that something' but in a ridiculous way. It has a great plot in mind but the plot wasn't performed and carried out well.

The whole great 'plot in mind' was carried out unsuccessfully due to many reasons. Even through season 1, every great moment and great music was very brief and cut off abruptly. The whole two series did not go deep enough to describe how each forces such as Vesper, Saint and management come about. I have no idea as to what the 'Saints' are capable of, which leads to the great confusion throughout the final episode between the conversation of the two saints. We are actually not clear as to how Mahoro was created either since the saint has also created an image of mahoro in the last episode. Is Mahoro real, or just a memory projection that exists within suguru in the final episode? If Mahoro's real, was her body cloned? how did she manage to 'stay in shape' after what I believe was self destruction in the previous episode?

Throughout  both seasons, you can feel the sudden twist of the mood, from lighthearted, jokish to heavy and serious. This sudden change of mood can be confusing at times and i feel that the seasons focus more on the Ecchi aspect of the anime rather than trying to properly develop a plot.

I gave an overall score of 8 because of its funny, sad and happy moments that somehow manages to achieve their purpose and brings joy in watching Mahoromatic. The plot has such a great potential but it was put to a complete waste by poor directing and character/story developments. I believe most of us hope for the union between Suguru and Mahoro, but not in that completely confusing and ridiculous way as presented in the final episode of season 2. It's like building something I suppose, the builder has great materials but does not know how to properly use them.

Still I don't recommend anyone dropping this, you won't regret it when you finish this.

Other Anime Reviews by MashMash

Mirai Nikki TV user review by MashMash

Mirai Nikki TV

Fate/stay night user review by MashMash

Fate/stay night